collies r best

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks folks!

Love the birthday owl pics :laugh:

As suzeanna said, we have had a pea-souper of a fog here so it hasn't been a good day for going out and having fun. Not that I am worried, as it is such a lousy time of year to have a birthday that I have an official one on Aug 1st when I go somewhere interesting. Anyway, I nipped down into the tool shop in Dronfield and treated myself to an offensive weapon :bigswod3: and now have a really mean pruning saw to attack the rest of the monstrous gloomy 20 ft high privet.

Got a really good fire going here, a yummy Covent Garden soup, and plenty to watch on iPlayer. I could be tempted to go and get myself some extra special ice cream, but don't feel like facing the fog. Having an early night as we are off tracking first thing tomorrow, in search of an elderly akita girl who is missing from a village about 20 miles away.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a very auspicious birthday for me. Not only is there a full moon but planets Venus and Jupiter which have spent some time going retrograde have turned direct today. This according to some means luck in love and money and also that I may unexpectedly meet an old flame from the past. Considering what one or two of those were like, it's handy that I am now equipped with an offensive weapon :fight:

Frankly I doubt that anything of interest will happen ... though I admit to buying a ticket for Eurosquillions.

Hey thanks folks!

Love the birthday owl pics :laugh:

As suzeanna said, we have had a pea-souper of a fog here so it hasn't been a good day for going out and having fun. Not that I am worried, as it is such a lousy time of year to have a birthday that I have an official one on Aug 1st when I go somewhere interesting. Anyway, I nipped down into the tool shop in Dronfield and treated myself to an offensive weapon :bigswod3: and now have a really mean pruning saw to attack the rest of the monstrous gloomy 20 ft high privet.

Got a really good fire going here, a yummy Covent Garden soup, and plenty to watch on iPlayer. I could be tempted to go and get myself some extra special ice cream, but don't feel like facing the fog. Having an early night as we are off tracking first thing tomorrow, in search of an elderly akita girl who is missing from a village about 20 miles away.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a very auspicious birthday for me. Not only is there a full moon but planets Venus and Jupiter which have spent some time going retrograde have turned direct today. This according to some means luck in love and money and also that I may unexpectedly meet an old flame from the past. Considering what one or two of those were like, it's handy that I am now equipped with an offensive weapon :fight:

Frankly I doubt that anything of interest will happen ... though I admit to buying a ticket for Eurosquillions.

You have so may old flames that you could spend a year or two figuring out which one it is.

You have so may old flames that you could spend a year or two figuring out which one it is.

Very true, alas. And as they all date back to pre-1982 when I met late OH, we might well not recognise one another.

Hey ho, we now have 2 dogs to track as a springer is on the run in Eccleshall woods. Wispa and I may be some time ...

:laugh: @ Lady Owl. Though someone told me that no one other than an English aristocrat of ancient lineage or a tramp would be seen dead in a well-worn 40 yr old tweed coat like mine.

Looks like a Saturday dog walking club which meets in Eccleshall woods can help with the search there for missing springer, while we go after the akita. The fog has lifted a bit so someone might spot her anyway.

Edited by owl