UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Beds

Spins4me

My Spins need new beds. They're real grime collectors so the beds will need frequent washing. I've thought of all kinds of solutions including raised beds with vet bed on them or these

http://www.netpetshop.co.uk/p-31173-danish-design-dog-bed-hunter-tweed-snuggle.aspx

or a box duvet type.

Does anyone have the perfect bed or just a really good bed?

I need to bear in mind the frequent washing, something quite tidy because they sleep in the kitchen diner and something that will be quite thick because the floor is stone tiles so quite cold. The Spins are also now five and a half so beginning to age a bit. (Although you wouldn't know it!)

How about these faux leather ones which are thick and can be wiped clean :flowers: You could easily put fleece throws round them in the winter for snuggle factor. These are probably going to be my next purchase when the Danish Design ones need replacing, but I've had them about 4 years now and they are still going strong.

Or you could try the Fatboy dog beds in wipe clean nylon.

I have the Danish Design waterproof covers, with waterproof inners which I got off eBay (on top of a duvet which I put underneath the waterproof inner). They inners just get wiped down as they don't need washing, the covers go in the washing machine/tumble dryer. I also made some covers out of cheap supersoft blankets which I only use in winter and which wash and dry very easily. This is Taffy on top of the large one:

P10209941.jpg

Edited by merledogs

I have an outdoor bean bag for Spud upstairs which is hose-able and rather funky in bright red, being filled with polystyrene it's also very warm and insulating and molds to the dogs shape. I also have a Danish Design Lounger which has been in use for 10 years now ohmy.gif, it is completely water-proof, wipable , but the whole cover also comes off for washing, it's been through incontinent dogs, lots and lots of puppies, and is still in good nick, I put another duvet in it in the winter, Louie used to like it over other beds as although it's well padded it was easy for him to get up from.

I'd like to get one of these, Orvis, but look at the price !!!

My Spins need new beds. They're real grime collectors so the beds will need frequent washing. I've thought of all kinds of solutions including raised beds with vet bed on them or these

http://www.netpetshop.co.uk/p-31173-danish-design-dog-bed-hunter-tweed-snuggle.aspx

Lily had a danish design similar shaped bed. The suede texture covering was lovely, but the inside went very lumpy when it was washed.