UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Got One Of These?

BillyMalc

I've been uhmming and ahrring about getting my guys one of these: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_toys_dog_training/intelligence_games/146803 . Would seem especially good for Sparks, as he doesn't push his treat ball around on the floor, but rather takes it to the sofa, where he then shuffles it between his front paws to get the contents out - lazy sod! :rolleyes: :biggrin: This one he wouldn't be able to pick up though - worth it?

i don't think it is actually a treat ball....is that what you wanted??? the way it reads to me is you have to treat the dog to reward play and encourage motivation... i may be wrong..... i got the impression from what others have said on another forum that they are similar to the jolly ball.

my 2 have those dog pyramid thingys for treats..... i don't think i have seen them pick them up, mind you after taping my 2 the other day i don't know if i will continue giving them treats :rolleyes:

this is the pyramid thingy

http://www.netpetshop.co.uk/p-19304-company-of-animals-pyramid-dog-toy-treat-dispenser.aspx?CAWELAID=437273570

I think Kelly might be right Billy, thats how it sounds to me too unsure.gif

Have you tried the plastic bottle thing ? those are pretty good, although Daisy worked out that she can lie in her igloo, hold the bottle upside down by the rubber neck and shake it to get the treats out, still takes her a while though.

I only feed my dogs in dispensers - I don't think the ball thing would float their boats as neither of them can be bothered with a football if they can't hold it in their mouths..

We use Dog Pyramids, Buster Cubes, a similar one to this http://www.zooplus.co.uk/feedback/shop/dogs/dog_toys_dog_training/intelligence_games/172056 a Tug a Jug (which is the bottle one) - this is probably Barney's fav, as he works it like a machine and has several different stages all linked together to extract his food (not sure if this means he's really smart or really dumb, or just an engineer at heart) Kongs, and on order - the new Kong dog pyramid based thing -

Phheeww! Thanks for reading the description than me! Nah, that would not float Sparky's boat at all - I thought it would dispense treats as well :rolleyes:

Oh well, nevermind! I'm getting them one of these http://www.zooplus.co.uk/feedback/shop/dogs/dog_toys_dog_training/intelligence_games/172056 as it is - might get 2, so they both have one. We've got one of these bottle thingies with a rope in it, but my guys can't figure it out and just try to smash it, and I'm not sure how to teach them :unsure: I like the pyramid, but after having seen them in Pets at Home, I think that the hole is too small, their kibble that they get in the morning won't fit through.

I often give them their breakfast in a kong or a treat ball, but I thought I'd get a few more things to give them a bit of variety :)

We've got one of these bottle thingies with a rope in it, but my guys can't figure it out and just try to smash it, and I'm not sure how to teach them :unsure:

I started off with really teeny bits of treat, so tiny that even nudging against the bottle would make the treats fall out, although Spud never cottoned on, but he is spectacularly fick biggrin.gif

What about this Billy? another one

I also have the disc one and the rugby ball

Ooooohhh, I like the Nina Ottosan ball! :)

I've got the 'space ship' as well, and have had a look at the rugby ball, but it's one of those other things that is small enough for Sparks to take in his mouth and empty on the sofa whilst lying down leisurely :rolleyes:

The CoA site also has these 'Aikiou' feeding bowls which I think look great. Now, if I have a decent job come Christmas .... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Just a quicky to anyone who thinks their dog doesn't like these kind of things - don't just put a few treats in at a time to start with - fill them - the more empty they are, the more attempts it needs to get a reward, and it it's too many attempts to start with, the dog will loose interest. To get them hooked they need to a get a reward almost everytime.