UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Food Bin

merledogs

I'm looking for a dog food bin. I've got a huge plastic container which holds two 15kilo bags of dog food, but I have to take the whole lid off to get at it, and pull it out from underneath the counter, so I'd like something easy. I'd like to be able to put a dog food and cat food bin next to each other in the space which is there, or else to be able to stack them on top of each other, but still be able to access the food in both without removing either of them.

My preference would be for something granite/black to fit in with the other stuff in the kitchen.:

Something on wheels cos the place where I store the dog food is underneath the counter and it's cumbersome to keep dragging it out.

Either something quite narrow with a top opening, preferably with a hinged lid which lifts up rather than off and if the lid could be hinged in the middle as well, so that half of it opens rather than having to open up the whole lid OR something stackable but still accessible.

It's hard to explain, but I like this bin from Tesco, but not the white colour (if it was graphite it would be perfick):

SS10207-8690TPS605998.jpg

I've found these, which I like, but they are all on American sites:

Pet-Food-Storage-Container.jpg

7951-1.zoom.a.jpg

80054.jpg

I like these as well but not as much:

p-8641-44155P_003-dog.jpg

efef9cace41356fdb19076b60e268f12.jpg

Anybody have something similar and can make any recommendations? :flowers:

I did think of spray painting it, but then it would get scratched and the paint would come off over time, so I'd rather buy one which is already the right colour :flowers:

If I can't find anything better, then I will probably get a couple of the white ones, but would prefer a darker colour.

i have 2 of the rubbermaid scoop n store containers..unfortunately they seem to have been discontinued in the uk (maybe google rubbermaid and ask them??) however one of the sites that i looked at lists an alternative...don't know how good it would be

http://www.muddypaws.co.uk/muddy-paws-bowls-feeders-food-storage/van-ness-food-bin/prod_441.html

or what about the one on wheels from tescos (p@h do them too) but cover it in sticky back plastic vinyl stuff... that is quite tough :flowers:

I keep my dog food in http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9372080&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=pedel+bins&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1283511341320&isSearch=true I can get a 15Kg sack in easily and they also look good. I find them easy to use and my dogs can't get into them, not even Dolly :laugh: I find them easy to move as well.

I have some Wham bins (Tesco or Wilkinsons sell them) that look very similar to the Ikea ones, for storing chicken food and rabbit stuff. They are great and stack beautifully, but the lids are a bit flexible. So storing something heavy in the top one would cause a problem I think.

If you go for the Ikea ones, try and do a test of the lids first!