UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Meet Duke

cycas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess he has a lot of greyhound, a bit of collie and a splash of deerhound in the mix (only because of his size and because a lot of Irish lurchers seem to have deerhound somewhere in their breeding). Mind you, I have seen a pure greyhound who was 30" to the shoulder so it's not out of the question he's just a big greyhound cross!

Ooh, we guessed that there might be a splash of deerhound. He has met next door's deerhound and he's just the same size as her. ENORMOUS feet!

Duke is lovely :wub: and I'm impressed with your training techniques even if he isn't!

He's getting very good at ignoring the cats now, I'm really pleased with him. He did have a bit of a go at the honking geese yesterday, but I can't say his heart was really in it... laugh.gif

What's the cause of the nasty lump on his rear end?

He actually had two nasty lumps one either side - the one on his left bum was fluidy and has vanished altogether just leaving a baldy bit after a course of antibiotic cream: the one on his right bum cheek is solid but is also reducing in size.

He had a vet check before he came to me and that vet reckoned better not open them up while he was such a mess as they'd only get infected: I'll have him back in for his vaccs next week, but am hoping that they will think that it's improved enough on its own that it won't need removing.

This is what they were like when he got out of the pound, the lump is a lot smaller than his testicles (soon to go!) now :

0005pexq.jpg