UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Woman Has Been Charged Under

kats n greys

Could be under section3-

Section 3 of the 1991 Act created a new offence of being an owner of a dog of any type or breed which is dangerously out of control in a public place or a non-public place in which it is not permitted to be.

from DEFRA's leaflet

If your dog injures another person’s animal, or an owner of an animal reasonably believes that they could be injured if they intervened to protect their animal from your dog, then an offence may be committed.

The report doesn't give any details of the circumstances.

As blackmagic says its possible if there was injury or fear or apprehension that a person might be injured and there is not enough information within the reports regarding the people who may have been present or the dogs demeanour towards them.

However i would have thought the fabulous 1871 dogs act would have been a more appropriate route to take

Spare a thought for the poor rabbit and his owner too. mecry.gif

My rabbits were attacked a few years ago by two young dogs that came up the road, opened our gate and literally tore a strong wooden rabbit house to pieces, it was quite scary. Fortunately for my buns there was a very strong wooden box bit that they hid in and we were in the house and stopped the attack before the dogs managed to get into that.

just to lighten tone,

my OH was sitting in the living room one evening when something caught his eye,he looked out the patio doors to see a bunny running amok with 4 rotties,he shot out to the garden intent on saving this poor bunny's life to find said poor bunny firmly clamped to one of the rotties back legs humping away for britain :laugh: whilst removing said poor bunny from the dog's leg his arm was lacerated quite badly so perhaps its time we had a "dangerous Bunnies Act?.

on a more seriouus note, I think theres probably more to this story than we know,again its not down to the dogs but an irresponsible Owner and I feel for the Owner of the rabbit it must have been a horrible sight for them to witness