UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

It Means So Much

Jazz

My friend came the other day with a lattee and a pecan danish. she left me with a manor house cake thats my absolute favourite but dont buy it as spending £1 on myself, well, I dont do it (though ive just spent £20 on the dogs..)

is there something someone has done for you that has cost very little, but has meant so much?

I have a friend who sends me cards to say thanks when we have been out, or if we haven't seen each for a while a catch up. It is so lovely to receive a handwritten card or letter in the post. Totally unexpected, but so treasured.

She doesn't live that far from me, but the written word can be kept and reread!

Mxxx

Not sure if it counts but my hubby does all sorts of things for me. My illness got worse and he left work to be my full time carer but he goes way beyond what is normally expected from a hubby or a carer.

If I am having a bad day and have to stay in bed he not only brings up all my meals and coffee but he also makes sure that I have a good supply of fizzy water and he even loosens the caps.Little things like that he does all the time. If I am asleep he sneaks in,gives me a kiss and sneaks out again with my washing. I wake up to an empty basket and a pile of clean clothes.He does the shopping,the cooking,the housework and I never have to ask. He always opens doors for me,carries parcels,lets me go through doors first,sees to the dogs if I can't,and loads more things,so I think he deserves a mention. :wub: x

When Milly died, Maria (username Maria funnily enough) did a beautiful portrait of Milly for me and she had it framed. I am sure it cost to do that but she did it because she is a wonderful person :liebe94:

P102043211.jpg

I'm not wonderful at all, but am so pleased you liked the portrait :blush02: :liebe94: