UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Taunton Rgt Show Today

zico's mum

Well putting up a pole gazebo in pouring rain on my own was a lot of fun :rolleyes: Weather was awful this morning and I was very tempted to pull out but was meeting someone else doing a stall on their own for a local rescue and we'd said we'd help each other set up so didn't feel I could.She got held up with an accident on M5 so was very late anyway but I'm glad I went,once again lots of interested people - whether they carry that through I don't know.Didn't make a lot - £37.50 but considering conditions was pleased enough.Tombola went very well,bought home just 1 prize - these were the items donated by some lovely person at Nadder Valley.I didn't do Teddy tombola because didn't want them getting wet.

Here's the stall with my snazzy new banner - and not one person today asked if we helped older people :biggrin:

NadderValleyShow08-08-10024.jpg

I was surpised how many people turned up for the dog show,especially as it was for Greyhound rescue and they aren't renowned for enjoying soggy conditions :laugh: but it was quite well attended.I got details of the local companies who had stalls there and will be sending begging letters for goodies next year :cool: