UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sweet Dreams Porsche

Mags

My beautiful Porsche was put to sleep this morning.

I went out to the cathouse as usual to open up and have our morning chat and found Porsche weak and collapsed. Her eyes were still alert but her body couldn't hold her up. I brought her straight to the vet and a quick blood test revealed she had feline aids. We couldn't do anything for her as she was so far gone.

As she was only in the cathouse and run with my other cats, and never out and about, the vet can only assume that she was born with it and it has been lying dormant and came on her very suddenly. As she's a rescue, I have no idea of her history.

I have to get the other cats tested next week so please keep your fingers crossed.

Porsche was extremely timid and would hide as soon as I entered (I never took it personally). She would come out for her food most days but some days would wait until I left so when she didn't come out of her hiding place yesterday for her dinner, I didn't think anything of it. I'll think a lot of it for a long long time! But she did come out for her dinner on Tuesday and she looked fine. So I'm very baffled how she could go down hill so so fast.

I gave you the birth date of 1st August 2006 so you didn't quite make it to your 4th birthday. Go find your favourite hammock at Rainbow Bridge where you can watch everyone.

Goodbye my shy one

General1027.jpg

Mags, :GroupHug: I'm so sorry to hear about Porsche. It sounds as if she had a good life, albeit it too short - and what a stunning looking cat too.

Please don't go beating yourself up about 'what if I had looked the night before' - from what you have said it really doesn't sound as if you could have changed things.

Here's hoping that the test results next week are all good - I'll be thinking of you.

So sorry to hear about Porsche mecry.gif Thinking of you at this sad time Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

My parents adopted a stray cat that I used to feed at the beginning of the year, here is the thread: http://www.therefugeforums.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=49898

We found out that he had feline aids and initially feared the worse, but after doing some research and getting advice from the vet, we discovered that it wasn't necessarily as bad as we thought and you would never have known there was anything wrong with him.

I truly hope that the tests come back negative for your other cats, but if they don't, it isn't necessarily as bad as it may initially seem. flowers.gif