UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Have Experience Of An Adrenal Tumour Please?

Maria

For the last few months Smudge has been displaying some cushings type symptoms. She's had the test twice, and both times it has come back negative (though bloods and urine have indicated that's what she has). She had an abdominal scan on Thurs eve, and yesterday we were told she has a tumour on an adrenal gland :mecry:

Vet says that surgery is possible but very risky, and we can't meet with him until Weds am to discuss options as he's away. So of course we're sending ourselves mad with worry :(

I know there are meds for cushings, but the normal test can't be used to monitor them as it doesn't register her as having cushings to start with , and I worry that just treating the symptoms (which could be controlling the tumour) will mean that the tumour gets free rein and will spread.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or know where we can get reliable info / support :(

Thank you.

Thank you :flowers:

We have a referral to the RCVS on Tuesday, to explore whether there are surgical (or other) options for the tumour. I am wibbling as they may want to keep her in and she doesn't cope well with being away from us :mecry:

If surgery / other conventional treatment (for the tumour) is ruled out, we're going to go to the Natural Medicine Centre (Richard Allport) as well.

Our vet has agreed with no meds for her (mild) symptoms until surgical options are ruled out.

So we have a short term plan at least :(

Thanks again :flowers: