UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Akita From Rescue

gremlin22

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1032541540/b89153ca.html

does anyone recognise this poor akita girl? apparently from a rescue, who want her spayed and wont release papers until she is..so thick as S**t owner wants to breed before then..

does anyone recognise the dog or have any contacts in this area? please get the dog back before it's too late :mecry: :angry:

Sorry, I don't recognise her, but can't be too hard to find out

where she is, if you go on preloved posing as someone 'wiv a stud dog wot culd elp breed er'

ffs

Just tried that, but you have to be a paying member to reply to adverts.

It sounds a bit suspicious to me......if the dog came from a KC registered breeder, how did she end up in rescue? Any reputable breeder (which a KC registered one should be) would take the dog back if there were any problems. However, if she did come from a rescue then surely alarm bells must be ringing with them. Most people that adopt rescue dogs want a companion, not a pedigree show dog. Most rescues also request proof from a vet that the dog has been speyed/neutered at six months and would conduct a home visit if this hadn't been done.

I wonder if she is a rescue dog, or if that is just an excuse that the owners are using for not having the papers? :unsure: Poor dog.

you do get pedigree dogs in rescues, not all breeders will take them back, in the last year we've had dalmations, cocker spaniels, labrador retrievers, husky and alaskan malmute pedigree with kc papers. also a few alleged pedigree shi-tzu's..hasten to add those "pedigree" papers did not mention kc anywhere..

hope this girl gets help.

This was posted on a thread about this dog on another site

There was no spaying clause in the contract, although she has gone out with a neutering voucher they say they have been advised that they cannot enforce this. So unfortunately it appears the owner is free to do what she likes with her and the rescue will make no attempt to get her back.

you do get pedigree dogs in rescues, not all breeders will take them back, in the last year we've had dalmations, cocker spaniels, labrador retrievers, husky and alaskan malmute pedigree with kc papers. also a few alleged pedigree shi-tzu's..hasten to add those "pedigree" papers did not mention kc anywhere..

hope this girl gets help.

How irresponsible. So now rescues have to contend with the victims of so called reputable breeders as well as all the other unwanted dogs that have been bred by money grabbing scum bags keen to make a quick buck?

This was posted on a thread about this dog on another site

There was no spaying clause in the contract, although she has gone out with a neutering voucher they say they have been advised that they cannot enforce this. So unfortunately it appears the owner is free to do what she likes with her and the rescue will make no attempt to get her back.

Some rescues just seem to perpetuate the problem. I recently came across a rescue in my local area that allows people to take dogs home after one initial meeting- no home visit, no references, no back ground checks, nothing. I don't understand it. :(

That's not a rescue then, it's a pound - there appears to be a big difference! Former neighbours across the road had 2 dogs that they allowed to roam the estate, and those "disappeared" suddenly. Not long thereafter they got, from the dogs home, a male shepherd X rottie and a female shepherd cross - male not neutered, female not spayed! :angry: These they allowed to roam as well, with the difference that they were younger and, as they were allowed to roam, got quite territorial of half of the estate. I called the dogs home and told them what was happening, and also questioned their wisdom of rehoming an unneutered dog and an unspayed bitch to the same home without home checks. Person on the phone got quite shirty with me and kindly informed me that they had so many dogs to look after. Didn't like my query if, in that case, they shouldn't take more care that dogs weren't allowed to breed and their puppies then dumped at the dogs home, thereby increasing the population .... :rolleyes: :angry:

That's not a rescue then, it's a pound - there appears to be a big difference!

Worryingly, this place near me is a registered charity, not a pound. They primarily take dogs from the pound, but do have a few that have been handed in by owners. About 90% of the dogs in their care are unneutered. :(