UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Haslemere And District Dog Show

Laura_E

I attended the Haslemere and District Dog Club fun show today to run a stall for the Oldies Club- and it was a rather eventful day!

My friend came over at 8.30am to drive us there and give me hand running the stall, but when I opened the door he was covered in oil and as white as a sheet. I soon found out that his car had tripped out of gear and driven into the back of my next door neighbour- who was giving him a REALLY hard time. After 45mins of pacifying the situation, my dad drove my friend home and then came back to drop me and Tess off at the show. The event opened at 11 and we arrived at 11:15 :unsure:

As my dad already had already made plan for the day he literally had to just drop us off and leave us there- so I had to set up the stall on my own whilst holding the lead. :wacko: It wasn't helped by the fact that Tess was bouncing off the walls with excitement!

After finally getting the stall looking presentable, I only sold a few items. The total takings were £93 for the whole day, but as I was on my own it was a bit difficult to do the hard sell approach. On a more positive note, all of the money raised from the dog show will be donated to the OC, and I think that will be quite a substantial amount.

Two of the men from the dog club were also really kind and watched the stall for me whilst I entered Tess for the veteran class (she got third place) and the best cross breed class (for which she got second place :biggrin:).

Thanks. I've spoken to my friend and he is ok, but his car is a write off. He suffers from quite bad anxiety, so the crash, coupled with my neighbours response, really knocked him for six. I feel guilty as it wouldn't of happened if he wasn't helping me. :( But at least nobody was hurt, which is the main thing.

Well done Laura - £93 is a good amount to raise :biggrin: . Just by being at these events the profile of OC is raised so don't be so hard on yourself - running a stall by yourself is very hard work :GroupHug:

Sorry your day got off to such a traumatic start and I do hope your friend recovers from their shock very soon :GroupHug:

Thanks Val and thanks again for bringing round all the merchandise.

I actually made quite a bit of money from the 'guess the name of the dog' game, which was obviously your idea- so I have you to thank for most of the profit. :flowers: