UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Health & Justice For Patchy

tegk68

I so wish the media would pick up more of these stories, perhaps the public would think differently about bull breeds if they could see how they are treated, and can still find it in themselves to love humans.

Spud, Daisy and Ben have all given up their pocket money and sent a donation.flowers.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, what a cutie-pie.

As truely awful as his owner is, I am glad to see the reverse side of the human race so readily displayed by those who have and continue to fight and support him in his recovery.

Everything crossed here for a full and steady recovery so he can be moved to a wonderful new home.

Will work out how to make a donation to this needy one.

:wub:

Mxxx

A HUGE thank you to you all for your posts and your donations, what lovely people you are. The vets bill is already four figures and rising so I know every donation made has meant so much to wsbtr flowers.gif flowers.gif flowers.gif

Sorry not to have posted anything for the last couple of days, it seems my PC doesn't like this forum much as it sometimes won't let me inangry.gif rolleyes.gif

I went to see this little chap today. Am blown away at what a weeks worth of care, love and food can dobiggrin.gif . He is looking so much better. He is though wobbly on his legs, due to having absolutely no muscle whatsoever. In fact the vet thinks it must've been months or longer since he was ever walked or exercised. That said he's a real little fighter. He had loads more tests yesterday as they are a little concerned about any long term damage to his internal organs due to the malnourishment and dehydration but they are feeling positive about him. The biggest concern is his heart at the moment which is making an odd 'whoosing sound', again it is thought to be connected to the lack of muscle and strain it was under. Despite all he has been through, he is the most loving, sweet natured little dog you could ever meetwub.gif .

The RSPCA are proceeding with a prosecution, which is good and I sincerely hope it amounts to more thn a slap on the wristrolleyes.gif . Apparently the wife of these kind people who rescued him, was confronted with a complete tw*t of a man who owned him who said "dog is a pain in the *rse" but they could have him for £200! Fortunately the kind husband was quite large, and went round and said "no, dog is coming right now and you're getting nothing". No violence or anything like that, he was just large enough to make the complete tw*t think twice and relinquish the dog from his hell hole (a crate in a dark box room affair). The vet said he wouldn't have lasted another 48hours, so thank god they got him out in time!

BTW I wanted to use something other than Tw*t, which I think is very generous of me but nothing seems bad enough to describe this *rseholeglare.gif

I took some photos of Patchy today. Hope you like them:

patchy-1-2.jpg

Oh that little face is so beautiful mecry.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Thanks for that update, I am hoping and hoping that he is going to be well enough to enjoy the life he should always have had.

To the complete waste of skin scumbags, they should be locked in a dark bunker somewhere without food and water until they are dead.

You are one lovely, special ladyflowers.gif An auction on here would be brilliant, if only because Claire's having many problems with the WSBTR website at the moment and I know she was trying to put an auction page on it and failing miserably! That would be wonderful if you could do that and send them out. I cannot thank you enough and will let Claire at WSBTR know about your wonderful offerflowers.gif flowers.gif flowers.gif

Auction will run from Friday 26th of March 8:00pm to Friday 2nd April 8:00pm, in the fundraising section.

ANy requests??

approx 10-15 collars, please dig deep to support this little dog.

Please spread the word

Laura xx

Edited by elricc

Thank you for the update. Still wishing with all my heart that Patchy makes it and has a chance at a fabulous life. Will send another donation on payday and looking forward to the auction. If there could be a pretty princess pink or purply one to fit a staffy cross girly (approx 15" neck) then I would bid loads :biggrin: :flowers:

Apparently the wife of these kind people who rescued him, was confronted with a complete tw*t of a man who owned him who said "dog is a pain in the *rse" but they could have him for £200! Fortunately the kind husband was quite large, and went round and said "no, dog is coming right now and you're getting nothing". No violence or anything like that, he was just large enough to make the complete tw*t think twice and relinquish the dog from his hell hole (a crate in a dark box room affair). The vet said he wouldn't have lasted another 48hours, so thank god they got him out in time!

I don't think anyone would think any less of him if he had used violence. Considering the pain and suffering that this poor dog has been through, I think the man showed considerable strength not to kill the bastards responsible.

Bless all of you that are helping him.

I would certainly be interested in buying some collars for Tess and will also make a donation for his treatment.