UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tess

Laura_E

Well done to both of you.I work in a Residential Home for the elderly and the residents just love having the PAT dogs come visit each week (the dogs love the chance to be given biscuits and cake too if their owner isn't quick enough to spot what's going on :laugh: )

Well if that's the case I am sure Tess will love it. I always thought dogs were meant to lose their appetite with old age, not get greedier! :rolleyes:

Tess has got her first two visits booked in for this week.

On Friday we are going to a day care centre for people with learning difficulties and on Saturday we are going to a residential home for the elderly.

Her coat hasn't arrived yet but as soon as it does I will take some pictures of her in uniform. :biggrin:

Tess's uniform arrived this morning and here she is modelling it.....

Pat.jpg

Pat2.jpg

I took these in a rush before I left for work so I will make sure to get somebody else (someone that isn't totally useless with a camera!) to get some nicer ones for the OC newsletter.

Brilliant! Hope she does really well and brings lots of pleasure to everyone. I was hoping to have my lurcher boy Sonny become a PAT dog as he has a perfect temperament for it, but he developed a corn on one front pad and limped badly on hard surfaces so walking round hard floors on visits would have been painful for him.

I don't know how I missed this. ohmy.gif Belated congratulations to you both. flowers.gif

Tess looks very smart in her coat,wub.gif was the mirror there for her to check everything was in place!!!!laugh.gif

The people will love her when she goes to visit. So many have to give up their own pets when they have to go into care.sad.gif

Tess went on her first two visits this week.

On Friday we went to a day care centre for people with severe and profound learning difficulties and yesterday we went to a local authority residential home for elderley people with dementia.

Friday's visit went ok, but the staff weren't really prepared for us and I wasn't entirely sure that the service users got much out of us being there. They were kind of just wheeled in and told to pat! :mellow: We are going back in two weeks and I will assess the situation again as this was the first visit and it may take a while.

Yesterdays visit went really well and Tess seemed to enjoy herself too. The staff were really nice and helpful and we went into three different rooms to meet all of the residents. A couple of them were blind, but as soon as they started stroking Tess their faces lit up. :wub:

There was one man that was really taken by her and later on the staff told me that it was the first time he had smiled in six weeks. :mecry::wub:

Another lady became very excited when we went in the room as she was convinced that I was her daughter that she hasn't seen in over 40 years :mecry: It was very sad, but I was able to use Tess as a diversion.

They seemed to really benefit from Tess being there and found it rather amusing that she would be around the same age as most of them if she were human!