UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lost Dog Being Kept By Finder

blackmagic

This is crossposted, so I have no more information than is on here.

I am not the ;I ' in the posting.

Please help.

Lost on Monday evening 1st February from his home in Stanley Park, Blackpool, Black, going grey, Labrador (male) aged about 10 years old, is a good weight, has callouses on his elbows and reddish coloured collar with bone shape tag showing owners surname 'Harris' and mobile telephone number.

This may sound strange but this dog has been found but is being kept by the lady that found him in the town area on Monday evening. I only know this as I stopped to say hello to him and the lady at 7.45am on Tuesday morning on North Promenade Blackpool while away working for a few days and she told me she had found him the night before. He is a very sociable and friendly dog and was really happy and playful when I clapped my hands and spoke in a silly voice.

This is any dog owners nightmare and I was beside myself with anger when she said she might ring the owner but she might keep him. My mobile phone was dead because I had taken some video and therefore I couldn't ring the owner until I got back to my hotel. You will be asking why I never took him away with me there and then, well it wasn't as easy as that at the time but I wish I had done now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!

The lady was in her mid 60's, wearing bright apple green velour trousers and a pale, possibly blue anorak, she was about 5' 4" inches tall and size 14-16. Whilst I was trying to convince her why she needed to call the owner she said I knew a lot about dogs and asked me if I could train him for the blind as she was partially sighted. By the sound of things she most likely lives on her own and was looking for some company, she mentioned that she had taken him to see her son to see what he thought about her keeping him. I would say that she lives in the North Promenade area but thats only a guess. She didn't look the type of person to have come a long way.

Despite me alerting the owner within 15 minutes of seeing the dog he has not been found, I went back each morning to the same area and Mr Harris has been searching ever since. He has alerted the RSPCA and the local dog warden just in case she does hand him in and is about to get help from local papers, radio and dog lost websites.

I am now back at home in Norfolk and feel so helpless having spoken to Mrs Dixon today. If you live in this area and this is ringing any bells or you have seen someone while out walking your dogs who has recently got an old black labrador please call Mrs Dixon (Mr Harris mum) on 07840855497 who is now helping to step up the activities to find him.

if you can offer any help or ideas to find him please give Mrs Dixon a call she will be very pleased to hear from you.

Edited by blackmagic

• 3 weeks later...