UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Know Of Dog Friendly Accomodation In Lincs?

Yantan

Ruby and I are due to attend an old friend's 50th birthday celebrations near Sleaford in Lincolnshire in mid March. The only way we can both go is if we take George and Archie with us so ideally we are looking for a self catering cottage/house for 2 or 3 nights. I have spent most of today looking on the net for somewhere and am now like thiswacko.gif

It's amazing how some places are advertised as being dog friendly and then you find a whole load of do's and dont's sad.gif

I did find one place which tho not ideal would have sufficed for a short stay. However by the time a booking fee was added and a charge of £20 for each dog the price was ludicrous.

We would consider a B&B or hotel if they are properly dog friendly. We don't mind travelling up to about 45 minutes to the venue.

Any wise fugees have any suggestions/recommendations?

I stayed at Claremont House in Woodhall Spa with my two before a Crossbreed and Mongrel show. Don't know Lincs that well so don't know how near it is to your event. It's a very friendly b&b and didn't charge for dogs last 2 times I stayed. Last time new owners had taken over and I went out to get some dinner and when we came back there was a note for Cooper & Trixie with a chew for them each. They said dog people should ask for room 6 if it is free and there is a low window they are happy to let the dogs in and out of like a dog flap to their garden. Clearly dog mad people.

www.theclaremontguesthouse.co.uk (01526) 352000 Owners names are Allan & Isabel Pook

Thank you Bee flowers.gif However it is a one bedroomed property and we need two rooms if possible. Don't mind sharing a twin room but draw the line at a double bed laugh.gif

I found a great place yesterday were the dogs would have been most welcome but unfortunately it wasn't available for the Friday night sad.gif

I am now looking in Leicestershire and Rutland as the distance from some places there are not as great as they are from north to south Lincolnshire.

Oh didnt spot it was one bedroom, when I searched for you I realised what few choices there are around us!

Anyway last try, look on this site:

http://www.highfields-retreat.co.uk/holidayrentals.asp

This is a brand new park, so not a lot there at moment, but in rural location and if looking for just somewhere to stay, may be just right,

dog friendly in some of the accomodation, I drive past this most days, and it is about 10 min drive from Sleaford.

Bev x

I could recommend a self catering place in Market Overton (Rutland) - can't say if it would be available of course - but not sure if this would be near enough for you or not - not too far off the A1.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll go find a linky.

Thank you Bee and Mrs B (are you related laugh.gif) flowers.gif

I finally managed to book a cottage in Rutland late last night. It's 54 miles from the birthday venue but we can live with that. We have a two bedroomed cottage with secure garden for the dogs (I hope it is!) for 3 nights.

Now can anyone recommend any nice walks in Rutland where the boys can go off-lead? We are staying a few miles south of Rutland water.