UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I'M A Newbe

Yorkiepower

I've just stubbled across this site for the oldies altho I've searched the web before for dog rescue sites for older dogs.

I live with 4 yorkshire terriers, 2 of which are 12yr old sisters, 1 is 9yrs old from a rescue in Lincolnshire and the youngest is 15mths old, another rescue, from Enfield Dog Rescue. As you can tell I'm into rescues and have only had yorkies so far. We (OH and me) moved into a small village in Bedfordshire some 7 yrs ago after finding a bungalow with quite a large garden (large garden being top of the list of "most haves")- dogs take priority in this household...rolleyes.gif hence large garden required. I'm at home most of the day although I attend a gym about twice a week and attend "jazzercise" (an aerobic class) 4 times a week. No I'm not superfit just trying to lose some weight...tongue.gif its not working too well though..glare.gif . At present I'm looking to give a home to a larger dog.. Bella, a terrier cross looks as if she cld fit the bill or Trudie a Cocker Spaniel... I love them all and if I won a large sum of money I'd give a big chunk to dog rescues... dream onwacko.gif

Hello and welcome to The Refuge. Your home sounds womderful your dogs are very lucky. Do you have any photos of them? Bella our Terrier X has actually been rehomed but we have lots of other friendly oldies looking for homes. We are actually having a show in Bedfordshire in September so it would be lovely to meet you and your yorkies there :)

• 2 weeks later...