UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Coats For Sighthounds And Other Breeds

Fee

My dogs are in need of new coats, their old ones are getting quite tatty and less waterproof than they were.

Because I've picked up their coats from various places at various times they are all different types/fabrics/colours and if they are all together at the moment they look a bit like something plucked out of the charity shop rag-bag (not that they care :laugh: )

I have a rather mad urge to get them all smart matching coats, but with a large lurcher, two whippety lurchers and two small unidentified terrier-type things (one leggy and skinny and the other one short and stocky) I haven't found anywhere that does matching coats that will suit all*. Must be warm and waterproof. Any ideas anyone?

*The only one I have found is Equafleece, but they are mega-expensive considering the rate at which my lots seem to ruin coats, and I'm also not sure they are fully waterproof?

Thanks for the suggestions :flowers:

The Outhwaite coats seem to be the only ones that have a matching range of coats that will fit all the dogs, but Meg's current coat is an Outhwaite and I'm not that keen on it, it seems very stiff and uncomfortable. They do several different types, though, so I'll have another look.

Other than that I'm beginning to resign myself to matching up the three sighthounds and getting something different for the two littlies. It's not as if they will care!

Fee, I can vouch for mutzmacs, its one of my mates who does it, she does them made to measure and does all my show coats.. and we have blues for the boys with fleece and go faster stripe and rose pink for the girls and are waterproof and she doesnt charge that much..

We are going all green this next season for coats and stuff.. and mine for the dog shows.. so its great fun..

if their is also something specific, you want material wise she will go and hunt for it.. :biggrin: