UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Present

Pendlewitch

Yard Owner where I keep my horse is just so overworked, underpaid and stressed out. I call her the owner but I suppose she really is the manager because the yard belongs to her parents who know nowt with a big N and don't ever help out. She has not had a day off in ages so I wanted to get her something for christmas that would be a nice change for her. I don't ever buy her horsey stuff and have run out of ideas for anything else now. She is not very girlie so smellies etc are a bit pointless and she gets loads anyway. So idea is to give her a voucher for a posh meal for her and husband, there is a really good place locally, not cheap but has a brilliant reputation. It's def not pub grub, but not mega top class poncy food lurking in the middle of a huge white plate if you get my meaning, and you don't get people in there in jeans and trainers!

Would this be a good idea or any other suggestions greatfully received.

What a lovely gesture - and sounds like she needs it too - but I do wonder if she will feel really awkward accepting such an obviously expensive gift from you who (I presume) isn't really a friend.Do other owners use the Yard,if so how about getting together with some of them and offering it as a joint present,they may well be wondering what to get her as well.

We've done all the massage things already and getting her to have a day off would involve nailing her foot to the floor! :laugh: Her husband is a farmer so for them getting time together is a bit rare that's why I though of the meal. We are very good friends even though there is a thirty year age gap, loads of people at horsey event do tend to think I'm her mum!

Would a £60 voucher be too much, I don't want to embarrass her.