UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dilemma

Laura_E

there's another rspca inspectors number now 0300 1234 999, and it's option 2 you need.

animal wardens generally don't respond to dead animals, that's usually environmental health or sometimes rspca as far as i'm aware.

i would definatly intervene if you feel you can, i would be too scared to say anything if it were me cos i'm a bit of a wuss but i'd drag my other half out with me and get him to back me up. The dog is either gonna be scarred for life psychologically and maybe physically or it is going to turn and bite them when it gets bigger and realises enough is enough. Maybe you should suggest they rehome it if they are finding it too much.

you heard the guy threaten to kick the dog and had seen him be very physical with it, when you call rspca i'd say you are very scared for the dog as you saw the guy been very physical with the dog, he threatened to kick it and you think he might well do it and you're worried the dog may be injured. If you've ever seen it limp..tell them that, just get accross to them how worried for the dogs wellbeing you are, say you've approached the bloke and he told you himself his wife is worse..

lay it on a bit, i do't mean lie but lay on how worried you are for the dog, if the inspectors go round and all is well then no harm done,but an inspector turning up offering to take the dog might just be the push the bloke needs.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had another run-in earlier today. I was walking Tess and the man was is in the park yanking the puppy around and shouting at her again. He was complaining about how none of his other dogs were this much trouble and kept referring to her as a 'horrible little bitch'. sad01_anim.gif

I suggested that if he felt like that perhaps he should consider rehoming her, as clearly neither of them are happy with the current situation. I told him that I would be happy to help him find another home, or put him in touch with some local rescue organisations that could help. I also suggested the puppy training classes again and said that they could teach him kiner methods that would be more effective. As you can imagine, he was less than impressed and told me to mind my own business. One of his friends, another dog walker, also told me to stop interfering.

(She is another nightmare dog owner that thinks it's perfectly acceptable for her Jack Russell to go around starting fights with bigger dogs because he is apparently 'harmless'. Last week he kept growling and lashing out at Rhino and when I asked her to put him on the lead she replied with 'it's only staffies he doesn't like'! ohno02.gif In the end I had to throw him at her just to stop him from trying to attack Rhino and another staffy that was trying to mind his own business.)

On the way home I bumped into the other man that was concerned about the puppy and he said that he would be reporting it, so hopefully something will get done, but I won't hold my breath.

On the way home I bumped into the other man that was concerned about the puppy and he said that he would be reporting it, so hopefully something will get done, but I won't hold my breath.

If you phoned up to complain too there would be more chance of someone coming out to speak to the man :flowers:

If you phoned up to complain too there would be more chance of someone coming out to speak to the man flowers.gif

Sorry, I was a bit vague in the last post. I have contacted the animal warden and left a message, but so far nobody has got back to me. I also tried the RSPCA, but they said they couldn't do anything without an address, which is understandable.

It seems that news travels quickly round here as I have become quite ostracised by the other dog walkers now. rolleyes.gif

It seems that news travels quickly round here as I have become quite ostracised by the other dog walkers now. rolleyes.gif

Grrrr...what a damned cheek !....do they all think it's fine to treat a puppy in that manner? :angry:....sod em' Laura, you (and we) know your doing the right thing :GroupHug:

It defies logic that other dog owners are ostracising you now when you are only showing care for a clearly mistreated pup. It's a pity the dog warden can't 'walk' at the same time and observe the mistreatment for himself. Sadly, even if this awful owner appears to be stopping the treatment in public it may well be continuing at home.

Well done for taking a stand.

I managed to find out the mans address yesterday from another concerned dog walker and found out that he has apparently been reported to the RSPCA in the past. The lady that told me has been walking her dogs in that park for years and has witnessed him treating all of his dogs in a similar way.

She said that a neighbour ended up calling the RSPCA about 10-15 years ago when they saw his wife beating one of the dogs and then locking her in a shed. sad01_anim.gif Apparently an inspector visited but found nothing un-toward, just a seemingly harmless old couple. Obviously I don't know how true any of this is, but from what I have witnessed, it wouldn't surprise me.

I have re-contacted the RSPCA to give them the address and the lady from the park said that she would also be reporting him, although she did end up getting into a heated arguement with him yesterday and he claimed that he was being victimised, so I hope this won't effect anything. Obviously if he has been reported in the past then it will hopefully give the case more strength.

Well done for not giving up on this puppy. If people keep reporting him each time they see something, then RSPCA will hopefully realise something is going on. Although I suppose if he comes over as 'the victim' it makes it more difficult.

I don't know how correct it is, but some cases seem to have progressed after the person has been videoed.

I don't know how correct it is, but some cases seem to have progressed after the person has been videoed.

That might be a good idea if it's possible, remember that odious excuse for a child who was filmed abusing her neighbours dog,filming worked then.