UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rhino Updates

lauraw

Well everyone, especially Laura I thought I'd give you all the latest update. It's official, he is a softie laugh.gif Took him out for a walk this morning and he stood there shivering, so I have had to buy a 3-in-1 coat for him because due to the cold up here he'll probably need a sweatshirt/jumper for in the house but the one I have ordered is cool cool.gif . Once it comes I'll take some more pics and post them.

Charlie and Rhino have definitely settled in together, when they aren't playing together they are snuggling up on the sofa (which is where they are right now).

So, watch this space (as they say) for more updates and eventually for more pics...

Thank you to everyone on here though for making this possible!! flowers.gif especially Laura E.

Laura x

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise I will post more pics when his coat comes, got to have him posing in it and also if I get chance, of the 2 of them playing together.

Thanks for everyone's support, it's great to know that there is support out there and help...what a great place is The Refuge!!!

Laura x

No they haven't, they are still hiding, Sophie (the kitten) is hiding more so, which really surprises me, although Sox has been down, eaten etc and went back up. Rhino had a sniff and as she turned her back on him he came back in here and up on the sofa.

I keep trying to get a picture of Charlie and Rhino playing but all I end up with is a blur laugh.gif I will keep trying though and I agree I'm certain he'll look so cute in his coat, so just hope it gets here soon, as it is such a shame seeing him shivering like he does....

x

Well I promised picture updates and here are 3 taken today of them....although they are now playing so well they get a little carried away and forget themselves unsure.gif

On the whole they are great together, playing most of the day unless they go for a walk and then it's as if they don't know each other.

The cats have ventured downstairs a couple of times, mainly to eat, drink and use the litter tray and seem to be getting braver about it all, so hopefully they won't take much longer to accept Rhino completely.

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/devil_laura/?albumview=grid

sorry it won't let me embed the pics...and I can't remember what I did last time laugh.gif sorry I'm thick today, it's the cold weather frozen my brain....-8 last night and again tonight, hope Rhino can cope laugh.gif

Bless them. I am so happy to see Rhino enjoying himself. wub.gif

Whilst he was here he spent the whole time trying to avoid Tess's advances, so it's great to see him playing with another dog without the threat of sexual abuse!! ohno02.gif laughingsmiley.gif

Glad that the cats are coming round too.

Can't wait to see him in his coat!

Rhino has now discovered the "health" benefits of eating cat poo and litter ohmy.gif . Why do some dogs do this?? Sadie one of my last dogs used to eat it a lot, Charlie does and now Rhino....I only know as he had taken a lot to his bed...wacko.gif YUK!!!!

At least the cats are now coming round, Sophie (the kitten) has been down today and Rhino actually sniffed her before she went back upstairs.

Also, I ordered tags for Rhino and Charlie (I thought Charlie could have a new one anyway) and they look so good, Rhino was quite pleased as I was putting his on wub.gif

Anyway, I'm still waiting for his coat to come, so watch this space for more pics when it does eventually arrive!!!

Laura x

Rhino has now discovered the "health" benefits of eating cat poo and litter ohmy.gif . Why do some dogs do this?? Sadie one of my last dogs used to eat it a lot, Charlie does and now Rhino....I only know as he had taken a lot to his bed...wacko.gif YUK!!!!

Oh dear! ohno02.gif I bet you preferred it when he wasn't eating at all!

I'm sure some of the behaviour experts on here will be able to offer you some advice on how to deal with it, I've been quite fortunate and have never had to deal with poo-eating dogs before, touch wood!

I think I must of cast a curse when I said he was the perfect dog, harbouring cat poo is not a desirable trait! laughingsmiley.gif

Tonight has been the first proper long walk since we were lucky enough to get Rhino and for the first mile Charlie whinged....it wasn't til we carried on but it was because Rhino was in front laugh.gif

I think we managed about 4 miles and by the time we got back Rhino was tired and his little heart was beating, but Charlie, being Charlie decided he wanted to play with his ball wacko.gif so now they are both flat out on the same settee and here's hoping they sleep all night instead of wanting to play laugh.gif

Laura I need to suss out this harness....until now I've used his lead, but tonight (as it was a long walk) I put his harness on....or should I say I tried laugh.gif luckily I have a friend who will come round tomorrow and show me (told you the weather was freezing my brain laugh.gif )

Just hope that his coat turns up tomorrow, he really is struggling to cope with the cold, although he seems to be getting better and not shivering quite as much, plus i want to see how cool he looks in it cool.gif

xx