UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Premenstual Dysphoric Disorder (Pmdd)

merledogs

I have suffered dreadfully with my periods for most of my life, which has worsened as I get older.

Earlier this month I read an article online and finally, I understood that it wasn't just me, that other people suffer what I suffer and that there is a name for it - Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder.

In the comments someone recommended taking Agnus Castus (also known as Chasteberry), which I did. It has actually helped a great deal and I feel like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in years.

Just thought I would post this in case anyone else suffers the same and wasn't aware of the condition. If you have then I'd be interested to hear of your experiences too :flowers:

:GroupHug: I didnt realise how bad you had been suffering. I suffered with heavy periods,depression and pain for many many years but then developed cervical cancer and had a hysterectomy which was the best thing i ever did. That was in my 30's and I have not developed osteoperosis,altho I do drink an awful lot of milk which I think helps.I really hope it all gets sorted for you.x

A friend of ours suffered very bad with severe fibroids and she was only 34 but had 2 children and they did offer her hysterectomy but they left one of her overies in situ so that (touch wood) she hasnt/doesnt go thro the menapause until she would naturally so the risk of oesto is only the same as it always was, and she also had it thro keyhole so only had 4x1 inch little scar that u can barely see one year on!

good luck in finding something that helps u x