UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Bnp On Question Time

BillyMalc

Hate on the Doorstep? It was actually a repeat, I think - shown first a few nights ago?

Horrifying. I've read responses from people who live in that area of Bristol, pointing out that these kids are known trouble-makers and that their targets are not only Muslims - but I can't imagine how terrifying it must be to endure that kind of abuse.

What did you think?

Yes, that's the one. I didn't realise that it was a repeat, thought the BBC had carefully planned the scheduling as part of their pro-Tory agenda!

I actually found the programme quite embarrassing to watch as it just shows how ignorant some people can be. I work with young people in my job and am quite used to the behaviour of the more disafected ones, but the 11 year old kid that was constantly harrassing that poor women was just a total sh*t. I know that to be like that at 11 he can't have had a very good start in life, but I really was willing somebody to give him a good slap! laugh.gif

However, I think the programme should have also recognised that racism has many forms. This just lent credence to the stereotype of white working class racists exhibiting violent and mindless behaviour, when in reality, the majority of white working class people are decent citizens.

I work in a predominantly Asian and Somalian area and a number of my colleagues have been racially abused on a number of occassions for no reason what-so-ever. One was even told that 'her type' weren't welcome in the area and to 'go home white bitch'! Some of the young girls that I work with have also been shouted at for the way they dress and told that they deserve to be raped sad01_anim.gif. But it is unlikely that Panorama would ever show this, because it is far easier to label white people as racists.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really is a revolting man but I agree in a democracy no matter whether we like people or not they have the right to air their views.

Billy give the poor man his due,at least he's kindly offered to pay for you to go back home :D :laugh: Honestly the rows me and my 'delightful' ex used to have on that subject were beyond belief :mad: I thibk it was during one of those he called me a 'fcuking paki loving w*g loving scum'. That's the true dedication of a Nick griffin follower for you :mad:

I hate the BNP and all they stand for.Not many realise thay would also ban abortion which also pees me right off.

Do they? Crikey, that's news to me. unsure.gif

From the Guardian this week:

How will a BNP government ensure the safety and welfare of Britain's disabled, considering that a senior member of the BNP (Jeffrey Marshall) has been on record as stating that "We live in a country today which is unhealthily dominated by an excess of sentimentality towards the weak and unproductive. No good will come of it", in response to the death of David Cameron's baby in spring 2009?

and that had a link to this piece:

Jeffrey Marshall, senior organiser for the BNP's London European election campaign. Following the death of David Cameron's disabled son Ivan, Marshall claimed in an internet forum discussion: "We live in a country today which is unhealthily dominated by an excess of sentimentality towards the weak and unproductive. No good will come of it."

Later, in response to comments made by others on the site, Marshall is alleged to have written: "There is not a great deal of point in keeping these people alive after all." He said the comments were private and some had been paraphrased and taken out of context. He admitted making the former comment, but said he could not recall making the latter one in an email to the forum, a copy of which is in the Observer's possession.

Billy give the poor man his due,at least he's kindly offered to pay for you to go back home :D :laugh:

Hmmm, how much you wanna bet he'll want to wait till the January sales tho. Forking out for a ticket to Holland right before christmas? I don't think so! :glare:

Like I posted on FB already: Britain for the British? Totally agree! But only if we're being consequent:

Africa for the Africans

The US for the indians

Australia for the Aboriginals

Asia for the Asians

And the North Pole back to the penguins! :wink:

If this would really happen, that everybody had to turn back to the country they originated from even if it's centuries ago, then this little island would sink with the amount of people all needing to squeeze on to it!

I came away thinking he actually wants a load of clones. White, straight, etc etc a bit like Stepford Wives. Very worrying and all I can think is he must be shot away.

Hmmm, problem is, he has too many little clones walking about already. And like Laura E already pointed out, racism and general disrespect are sadly not just the domain of white people. I just think that if you can't behave and respect others, then by all means F off and go somewhere where you can't bother ayone (something like a huge bigmassive norty step! :laugh: )

However, I think the programme should have also recognised that racism has many forms. This just lent credence to the stereotype of white working class racists exhibiting violent and mindless behaviour, when in reality, the majority of white working class people are decent citizens.

I agree. Racism is wrong, wherever it occurs - and it was heartening to see that some local (white) people did intervene - I don't think for a moment that those kids only target Asian neighbours; it was made clear that they are known trouble-makers.

I'm with Ian. I think we need to start taking elections seriously in this country - as long as we mutter about politicians and corruption and thinking our vote is a waste of time, the BNP share of the vote will increase.

Can't do the quote thing for some reason, but in response to Phoebejo's post- that's awful. I know I shouldn't be shocked given their general ethos, but discriminating against the disabled is an all time low.

The BBC have done well from last nights show though. Apparently Question Time normally attracts an audience of 2 million, last night it was 8 million!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8323638.stm

This isn't necessarily significant of course - he may see a slight increase in support after his "lynch mob" accusations, but I don't think the UK voter can afford to make assumptions. There are plenty of racists, homophobes, anti-abortionists out there, all looking for a party to welcome them; though it goes against the grain to take them seriously, perhaps we should.

I wouldn't want to live in a Britain run by the likes of Griffin and his thugs.

If there hadn't been an outcry of *don't let him on* 6 million people would have been none the wiser about him being on. Of course there are going to be people who likes what he stands for depending on various factors.

I watched question time, and was dissapointed in how he was treated. I would have liked to have heard him actually answer some of the questions, like the gentleman who asked where he would be *sent home* as he had been born and brought up in England - and how if he really would repatriate him *to his mother land* how he would do this.

I would have liked people to have proof of his parties pledges so when he said xyz people could state what the party says, not what the headlines have said.

I do understand what he means by indigineous, but indigineous (sp) to the UK is rather a mix, not a clear cut group of people like the aboriginals of Australia or the Native Americans. The country is a Christian country and should be retained, but I'd be interested to see if he attends church and if he believes in some of the more compassionate and tolerant elements of the bible.

I am fascinated that people can deny the holocaust and would love to understand the justification, surely if you believe in and celebrate Hitler and what made him *good* you'd believe in what he did? Otherwise why would you think he was *great*? u

Immigration does seem to be a large concern for people, so the mainstream parties need to pull their socks up, put someone more articulate or charismatic against Nick instead of the likes of Jack Straw and come up with some suitable policies.

I was fascinated recently by the 5/10 minutes I could tolerate of the BNP wives programme and just how ignorant they come across, but that some of their views aren't that *out there* they just lack compassion, tolerance and could take this country back towards times of yester-year.

As with the green party ideas and some of the Lib dems ideas that in the past have been shown that they wouldn't work, I would like to see him forced to explain in more detail HOW he would instigage some of his ideas, how he would really make them work - and what making them work will mean to him.

Sadly I can see his ideas catching on in many areas in the UK but sadly I think that's down to lack of integration and fear of the unknown rather then the general intollerance of the British. (at least I hope so/like to think so).

I am fascinated by him and his party and their ideas and what kind of environment brings about that kind of thought.

Gosh while looking for info on their views on abortion I found this gem :angry:

Another leading member denies that rape exists saying publicly that forcing a woman to have sex against her will is not a crime because it is like forcing her to eat chocolate cake.

Found a quote on a message board on the vile and revolting site which is a white supremacy site and is genuinely horrible to read:

The BNP does have a policy on abortion. The BNP is anti abortion apart from cases of rape, threat to life of mother, and disablement of child.

No surprise there about their views on disability given the comment about David Cameron's child :(

And given that they believe rape doesn't exist their policy is a bit self-limiting isn't it :rolleyes:

I came away thinking he actually wants a load of clones. White, straight, etc etc a bit like Stepford Wives. Very worrying and all I can think is he must be shot away.

I think he does - as to the last bit are you sure you didn't just mean shot Michelle? :laugh:

As too paying for people to go away according to last Wednesdays Daily Mail ( I think) which included a number of his quotes apparently most BNP supporters would be quite happy to go & live on an island & do their own thing if they were able / allowed to do so......... anybody got a hat so that we can start the whip round? :wink: