UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog In Danger In Scotland

Ian

Poor man and dog :(

Shocking amount of ignorance just from those few comments under the article too.

Four-year-old Leo was confirmed by DNA tests as an American pit bull terrier.

Since when?

Mike Flynn, SSPCA chief superintendent, said the case was "unfortunate".

Hesaid: "Anyone buying a pup from anywhere other than a registeredbreeder does so in the knowledge that their animal could be of anundetermined breed."

Now Mr SSPCA, there's a great way to put people off adopting crossbreeds from rescue eh :rolleyes:

I saw this in the Edinburgh Evening News on Thursday,I found it quite hard to tell what was going on tbh, neither The Record or EEN have the best record for accurate reporting, there's no mention as to why the dog was taken in the first place, generally the police don't bother about PB's up here unless they or the owner are causing a problem,it's a bit worrying if this is the start of a more pro-active DDA in Scotland.

I also wonder about the dog already wearing a muzzle, was the poor guy trying to keep on the right side of the law, or had the dog's behaviour warranted it :unsure:

I'm not meaning to come over unsympathetic, I'll be signing the petition, it's just that you'd get more accurate journalism from The Beano than either of those papers.

if this man and his dog have done nothing wrong then there should be no reason why his dog should not go on the register if it is type.

and i see that he is terribly worried about his dog but he really needs to get advice if he hasnt already. ive tried to join the papers site in order to comment but as yet have not been allowed through.

However he would do far better to get as many letters from people who actually know both him and his dog than a petition as petitions are rarely accepted into court. he needs to satisfy the court that the dog doesnt pose a danger to public safety and if most of the people on his petition know neither him nor the dog the ones that do and sign are likely to be disregarded

if anyone is already a member of the newspaper site or knows this man please tell him to get in touch with one of the organizations helping people, or a solicitor who can help him prepare a case