UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Horses In Sea Picture

one.eyed.dog

I have asked about this before.

There was a picture in the late 60's and 70's that was very popular. It was white horses rearing up in the sea coming out of the waves. Very turquoisey. I have just spent 2 hours trawling the tinternet trying to find it.

There are a couple of silmilar one's but, not the actual one I am after. If any of you are in your 40's or older I am sure you will remember it.

Do any of you know where I can find it. I've been after it for years.

Ellie x

I'm not very good at adding 'things' to this site, but I googled 'horses running in sea picture'

The first one out had 4 small pictures, the third one was turquoisy & showed horses running from the sea...changing from waves to horses.

Is that the one?wacko.gif

I don't know how to post it on hereohmy.gif

I'm not very good at adding 'things' to this site, but I googled 'horses running in sea picture'

The first one out had 4 small pictures, the third one was turquoisy & showed horses running from the sea...changing from waves to horses.

Is that the one?wacko.gif

I don't know how to post it on hereohmy.gif

this one

horsesandwave.jpg

I think the one you mean may have been called the White Horses or something similar. My boyfriend (later husband) bought it for me in 1964 having sold his Dansette record player to pay for it. He bought it in BOOTS the chemist which at that time sold all sorts of things!I kept it until I moved in 2007; not sure if it's in the attic but will have a look.

I know it's another thread but has anyone else got memories of the 60s - what a fabulous time to be a teenager!

There used to be an advert for Carling beer which had horses running through the waves which featured drums beating fast and spoken words saying something like 'tick follows tock follows tick' I have had a quick look but haven't found it as yet. Will keep looking

There used to be an advert for Carling beer which had horses running through the waves which featured drums beating fast and spoken words saying something like 'tick follows tock follows tick' I have had a quick look but haven't found it as yet. Will keep looking

i think that was a guiness advert :unsure:

I dont remember that one..the only one I remember is the oriental girl with the blue face, she seemed to be in every shop!

The sixties...hmmm. The first three years of them I was a carefree teenager, then in 64 I married at the age of 18, had my daughter a year later and my son two years after that. Most of my memories of the late sixties involve nappies and screaming children, rather than going out to raves :laugh: It was rather a drastic step to get away from a very dominating mother, I must admit.

It's not the posted picture. Yes it was for sale in BOOTs. I think that is the one. I was about 6 and remember looking at it for ages when Mum was shopping. She used to dump me in front of it and I was happy as Larry. I remember it was in an awful white frame.

If you want to sell it I'd love to buy itwub.gif flowers.gif

xx