UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wedding Ceremony Songs

Mags

The big day is getting very close and I can't decide on songs for the ceremony. Because it's a Civil Ceremony, we can't have anything with a religious content.

I need a song for walking up the aisle, a song (possibly two) for when we're signing the register and a song for walking down the aisle.

So far I have Songbird by Eva Cassidy.

Funny suggestions for walking down the aisle will be considered :)

Any suggestions please before I turn into Bridezilla??

The Rose - Amanda Mc Broom.

Seal kissed by a rose?

Can't you ditch the singer? :laugh: I love Pavane too

Not sure what type of music you're thinking.

From a distance?

What's the song off the beaches film

All I Ask of You - andrew lloyd webber?

Edited by Jacobean

I wanted "Going to the chapel" by Elton John from Four weddings and a funeral, but beacause the word chapel was in the title, we werent allowed, registry office, no religeous words allowed :rolleyes:

I walked down the aisle to "Follow Me" by John Denver :wub:

We signed the register to "Close to You" by the Carpenters and we walked/danced :biggrin: out to "LOVE IS IN THE AIR" by John paul Young ONLY THE BEST SONG IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!

I played the cd today and shivers ran down me spine when I heard each song, quite over whelming, the songs are very important.

As we got married on a Friday, I also fancied "Friday I'm in love" by the Cure, husband wasn't impressed though :wacko:

By the by, I prefer Songbird by Fleetwood Mac :wink:

Good suggestion on Elton John Your Song

Love Songbird!

Crazy Little thing called love?

At last - Eta James?

If you have a singer look up words for You & Me by Lifehouse. Sounds amazing with just a guitar. Lovely lyrics.

Good luck! I know how hard it is we agonised over it for ages eventually something clicks and you agree!

Good luck!