UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Eggheads

Laura_E

I'm on the borders of South West London and Middlesex, but technically Middlesex (even though it's not meant to exist any more mellow.gif ) Where abouts in Middlesex are you?

Laura, I live at Northwood Hills, close to Pinner and Ruislip.

OK so we have so far

Laura E - SW London - strongest subjects - Film & TV and Music

Anne G - S Derbyshire - strongest subject - Food and Drink - also comfortable with Science, History and Geography

Olive - Newcastle upon Tyne - strongest subject - Film & TV and Food & Drink

Rufus the Wonderdog - Middlesex - strongest subject - UNKNOWN

Krusewalker - Hertfordshire - strongest subject - UNKNOWN

So we definitely have Food & Drink, Film & TV, Music, covered. We need one more team member and we need to decide on a venue for auditions. I am happy to go to London as the majority of the team seem to be in the south - Don't know how Olive feels about that.

Not sure about my strongest subjects - scored well on Amy's quiz in History and Science. Feel comfortable with most subjects but not a great lover of Sport or Music.

Obviously I would be happy for auditions in London but can travel.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on when it is and how long etc as I currently have a foster dog but no-one to take care of her if I'm away overnight. I really think we need a couple of "subs" for emergencies. I could get the train to London but might need a lift from the station to wherever. Just let me know when and I'll see what I can do.

cheers

also, what are all of the possible categories??

The venues for auditions

I just got the application form and they are recruiting for series 11 right now. Auditions are being held in the following places

LONDON [ ]

BRISTOL [ ]

BIRMINGHAM [ ]

BELFAST [ ]

PENZANCE [ ]

BRIGHTON [ ]

NORWICH [ ]

CARDIFF [ ]

EDINBURGH [ ]

LIVERPOOL [ ]

PLYMOUTH [ ]

MANCHESTER [ ]

NEWCASTLE [ ]

LEEDS [ ]

PORTSMOUTH

.... and the categories are

From what I can remember the categories that they have are:

• Arts and Literature
  • Politics
  • Food and Drink
  • Science
  • Music
  • Geography
  • History
  • Sport
  • Film and TV

It really depends on when it is and how long etc as I currently have a foster dog but no-one to take care of her if I'm away overnight. I really think we need a couple of "subs" for emergencies. I could get the train to London but might need a lift from the station to wherever. Just let me know when and I'll see what I can do.

cheers

also, what are all of the possible categories??

If you didn't mind travelling down to London you would be more than welcome to stay at mine and I could collect you from the station. Or if you wanted to bring Ginny with you I am sure that you could stay at my parents (they live on the same street as me) and I know that my mum would enjoy looking after her for the day. She could stay with you here too, but from what I recall she's not too keen on other dogs is she?

Just to send all good wishes for this brilliant idea - what organisation! I excitedly sat down on Saturday to start answering the questions when my 15 yr. old lab decided to have one of his minor funny turns - momentarily I was torn - no, not really! Anyway, he's fine now but the moment was lost; I still enjoyed printing them out and doing a family quiz.

Good luck to everyone.

Sally.

Sorry, I've had a lot going on with work and my family in the last couple of weeks.

Ok, I've got the application form and need the following information from everyone please. If you just PM that would be fine.

• Your full name
  • Full address
  • Telephone numbers
  • Emails
  • Relationship status (not sure why they need to know that!)
  • If you have any children, and if so, what their ages and names are (again, not sure why that's relevant)
  • Your occupation
  • Any medical problems that you may have
  • Any disabilities that you may have
  • What your strongest subject is
  • What your weakest subject is
  • Whether or not you have ever been on tv before, if so please specify the dates, name of the show and if you won any prizes
  • Any criminal convictions that you may have

I also need a recent photo of each team member to send with the application.

You can email these to me: [email protected]

Thanks flowers.gif

Ok, so far Anne, Olive, Martin and Val have all emailed me their details. Just waiting on the photos and a sixth team member now.

Four out of the five members that we have (including myself) have listed sport as their weakest subject. So it would be really great if we could find a sixth team member that was strong on this category.

Any takers? flowers.gif