UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tibetan Mastiffs

celeste

A friend that has kennels has two to stay a few times a year, one is a delight and the other in my friends words wouldn't trust it as far as she could throw it and the staff are not allowed to walk it. So I suppose like most breeds some of them are wonderful some are not :laugh: They can be very aloof, dont take to strangers easily, and are brilliant guards apperently

Do you mean healthwise?

http://www.tibetanmastiffinfo.com/tmfaqs/beforeyoubuy_1.shtml#02246781

What are some of the health problems found in this breed?

Most commonly hypothyroidism, but dysplasia, entropic/extropic eyelids, and epilepsy is also seen. And while previously a problem, Canine Inherited Demyelinative Neuropathy (CIDN) is no longer seen in the current breeding population.

I love Tibetan Mastiffs!! Know nothing about them though, so no help on that front laugh.gif I've been to 'meet' them at Discover Dogs a few times and they were wonderfully aloof :) They seem to be quite outdoors-y.

Yup, thats the same impression I got, dog in question, Ben, can't be let off his lead as he walks very quickly away, he doesn't do running, but is an accomplished speed walker :laugh:

He belongs to the lady my friend has her horse stabled with, the owner and her hubby are both in their sixties and feel Ben and their other dog ( Ridgeback) aren't getting the life they need, so the RR is being re-homed with their daughter who already has an RR, and if they feel they still can't give Ben the lifestyle he needs, well, all things going to plan,I'll be his new mum :biggrin:

Yup, thats the same impression I got, dog in question, Ben, can't be let off his lead as he walks very quickly away, he doesn't do running, but is an accomplished speed walker laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif That would be something to see!

It is very exciting - we'll need pictures wub.gif

Edited by Rudi