UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Buggy For Milly

merledogs

Now that Milly has had her front leg amputated, she can't walk for very long before she gets really tired. I'd like her to be able to come on long walks with the rest of the dogs, so I am looking into the possibility of getting some sort of buggy for her so that when she does get tired, I can put her in the buggy. Not that she's having her every whim catered to or anything :rolleyes::laugh:

Could do with some recommendations please - I've looked at a few dog strollers online but am also considering adapting a baby buggy for her as they might be more sturdy or possibly even some sort of wheeled cart that I can pull her along in. The wheels need to be fairly sturdy and high enough to go through the odd muddy patch.

She a small collie and weighs just under 14 kilos :flowers:

diez has this

DSC01514-1.jpg

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01511.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

she hates it :laugh: :laugh: the cat loves it, she went out for 1 walk in it and only stopped whinging when she went fast :rolleyes: the reason i went for it is because it is 3 wheeled and is all terrain, it has kind of shock absorbery thing on the back wheels and a step up the front,it also comes with a rain cover but the price is expensive.. i paid £100 inc delivery but now i think it is about £145 :ohmy:

im currently also looking for a buggy for pickle but am struggling as hes already 35kg and almost top weight for even a human one, hence i am now looking at special needs buggies for larger 'children' :rolleyes: (gawd as a child hating adult i never in a million years thought id be checking out buggies :laugh: )

As Billy has said, I may have a buggy or two lying around :wacko: :laugh:

The best one I have found is the same as Griff, the Petgear AT3. It is the biggest and heaviest, but is also the most flexible and manuverable (spelling ? sorry), and because of the shock absorbers is the best for the dogs too. I got a buggy originally for Lily, who loved it, and would sit there like a little Queen Mother :cool: and now Murphy and JoJo share, and are also quite happy, and have been known to just curl up and go to sleep.

The best price I have found is here http://www.roofrackshop.co.uk/pet/pet-gear-pet-strollers-pushchairs.htm

A friend ordered one a few months ago, and the service was good as well.

If you and Milly could get down to the Carrs at Style for a walk, you would both be most welcome to try out the Buggy (and the Happytrails stroller too if you'd like) and see how it feels, how Milly would like it, and how small it folds up for the car and so on. Have a think and let us know.

Gentle squishes to Milly :wub:

When Mal started slowing down and we didn't yet know that it was his cancer catching up with him, I was thinking of getting him "something" to ride round in as well. He would never have fitted into a buggy (although he seemed to fit into little Jojo's basket, with Jojo still in it! :rolleyes: ), so I was going to get him something like this: http://www.praktikar.nl/

bolderkar1.jpg

Don't know what they are called here or where you'd get them, but maybe someone with 2 right hands could build you one? One of my neighbours is a carpenter, I'm sure he could :)

If you and Milly could get down to the Carrs at Style for a walk, you would both be most welcome to try out the Buggy (and the Happytrails stroller too if you'd like) and see how it feels, how Milly would like it, and how small it folds up for the car and so on. Have a think and let us know.

Gentle squishes to Milly :wub:

Yeah arrange a test run at the Carrs, I can bring my lot

for a walk too :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hoping you can find one really suitable soon