UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sparky Sentenced For Dog Scrap

BillyMalc

Poor Sparks! Even though it was completely my fault, Sparky has been "sentenced" to an indefinite stay at Hulme Penitentiary (i.e. home) and wearing a prison suit:

Mug shot of defendant Hooligan 10203040

Sparkystripyshirt27082009001.jpg

who is looking quite handsome really, in his stripy shirt :wub:

Sparkystripyshirt27082009002.jpg

"I won't do it again yur onnur, onnest"

Sparkystripyshirt27082009004.jpg

Last week I allowed him and Kiera to run up to a few dogs who were minding their own business. One of them had been play bowing towards the 'hooligans' tho, so I stupidly enough thought that I'd allow them to go up and see what happened. What happened was that one of the other dogs, a Mastiff, took exception to Sparky's "and who are you?" body language and beat him up :rolleyes: It wasn't till after we got home (after Sparks had had another play fight with Kiera and scared the living daylights out of a few squirrels!) that I noticed that the poor lad had a hole in his leg the size of a 5p piece! :ohmy:

Kept it clean and saw the vet the other day - who sentenced me to a hefty fine for my stupidity, to cover the consultation and a course of antibiotics :ohmy:

Sparky's leg has now nearly recovered, and he had his first off lead run this morning - boy, did he have a lot of energy to spare! :laugh: We saw the people with the dogs again, mastiff was on a lead this time, and I told them what had happened, but also that I considered it to be my fault, because none of this would have happened if I hadn't allowed mine to run up to their dogs.

Moral of the story: please don't let your dogs run up to other dogs indiscriminately! This could have ended up a lot more seriously, and it really was all my fault :blush: *hangs head in shame*