UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Show Links

Laura_E

Does anyone know of any good websites that contain information about up-coming dog shows?

I have spent ages trying to find events in the London area so that I can hold an Oldies Club stall, but am really struggling.

I have quite a lot of stuff left from the last two events, including three bags of 15kg Science Plan food which is currently sat in the living room - Tess and the cats are constantly sniffing around it! rolleyes.gif

I found out about one event really close to me in Chiswick via another charities website, but they filled there spaces many months ago so I am now on a waiting list for next year. After two months of 'decision' making, Battersea Dogs Home have concluded that they won't be offering us a space at their event in September as they want to minimize the amount of other charities attending. I find it slightly ridiculous that an organisation with three centres set on acres of land, a huge workforce of paid employees, and a well established profile, would turn small charities away out of fear of competition!

Anyway, if anybody does have any links that they can suggest, I would really appreciate it. flowers.gif

Edited by Laura_E

This any good?

http://www.information-britain.co.uk/eventframe.php?id=4877

Sunday 27th September

CHISWICK HOUSE GARDENS DOG SHOW

* 10.30 am - 3.30pm. Held in the cricket pitch area of Chiswick House Gardens

* New classes and attractions for 2009. Agility and heelwork to music demonstrations.

* Free entry for visitors.

* Barbecue, licensed bar, refreshments and ice cream available all day.

For more details visit www.chowgroup.co.uk or www.chfriends.org.uk.

Have you tried googling

Dog Show London

Companion Dog Shows

Charity shows London

Sunday 27th September

CHISWICK HOUSE GARDENS DOG SHOW

* 10.30 am - 3.30pm. Held in the cricket pitch area of Chiswick House Gardens

* New classes and attractions for 2009. Agility and heelwork to music demonstrations.

* Free entry for visitors.

* Barbecue, licensed bar, refreshments and ice cream available all day.

For more details visit www.chowgroup.co.uk or www.chfriends.org.uk.

This is the one that I have been put on the waiting list for next year, apparantly they filled up all their spaces months ago. I have tried googling all sorts of word searches, but haven't really found much. I will try the other link though, thanks. flowers.gif

I think that these type of events are probably more popular in rural settings. sad.gif

ESSW are having a companion show in West Hythe Kent on 30th August, if you want the organisers contact details I'll happily PM you with them I am sure she wouldn't mind OC having a fundraising and publicity stall there if its not to far away for you, looking at the map it might be

How about Egham Royal Show, that's quite close to you (I think?) and they have charity stalls.

Thanks Fiona, that is quite close to me and I am taking Tess along as they are holding the first heats of Scrufts there so I am going to enter her for the Veterans category. Unfotunately they have closed applications for this year though. I seem to find out about these things months after everyone else!

ESSW are having a companion show in West Hythe Kent on 30th August, if you want the organisers contact details I'll happily PM you with them I am sure she wouldn't mind OC having a fundraising and publicity stall there if its not to far away for you, looking at the map it might be

Thanks Selena. Kent is quite far away from me as I don't drive and rely on friends and family to help me with transport. My Uncle lives near Maidstone though, so I might be able to convince my Mum to do a day trip.

There are shows on a few different forums I'm on,will keep an eye out for London ones and let you know

That would be great, thanks.

try your local council website, and go to Leisure / Parks etc they sometimes advertise what is going on in local parks.

Also tourist information, I think VisitBritain allows you to search by area and then by type of thing you are looking for.

Also, Dogs World (I think that's what it's called) is a weekly newspaper, which usually advertises breed shows but they sometimes let you take a stall at them.

Good luck.

Don,t forget the Crossbreed and Mongrel weekend in September at Top End Farm on 18-19 Sept. Saturday is Canine Capers day and Sunday is SCAMPS final day.

I am sure you could put a stall up for the Oldies.

If you e-mail Liz at

[email protected]

she will be only too pleased to help

Barbara

Im not sure we have anyone in the Bedfordshire area but i will ask around.

Amy