UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Price Of Silence Is £700.00

Kathyw

Perhaps a few of you may remember a post I made on dp when I got assaulted by a woman because I asked her to keep her dog on a lead as the dog had attacked and hurt many dogs.

He died and she got a puppy - normal sweet puppy but within a few months she attacked another dog and then it just continued.

The owner mated her and kept a boy and a girl from the litter.

All three dogs were known to be vicious.

Last year they got a 5 month old Pomeranian puppy between the three of them. He later had a new hip put in and is now due for yet another op. The owner of this puppy fully intended to prosecute and then it all went quiet. She did not fear the owner of the three dogs so that was not the reason. But since then the three dogs have been on leashes except while in the fenced in park.

My vet has patched up at least three other dogs with bad injuries that the three dogs have attacked.

One of the dogs owners refused to take any money and reported to the animal warden but she backed off because her husband (a city banker) did not want to 'mess with those people'.

Evidently the owner was told that if they attacked another dog then he would ask the courts to issue a muzzle in public order yet despite more attacks none have been reported by the owners to the police. The animal warden is aware of wach and every one of them.

Last week a 10 week old german shepherd puppy was killed by one of these dogs. The owner of the puppy has no family and when I was told I phoned and then left a note for her to ring me - nothing. I was very worried as her neighbours said she was in a bad way.

I thought at the very least this would force the owner of the vicious dogs to muzzle them in public.

No - how stupid was I?

We have just been told that the owner of the dead puppy was given £700.00 not to do anything about it and she took the blood money.

We are reeling with shock. There is not enough money in the world to buy my silence and I cannot understand how anyone can be bought off.

A puppy ripped apart and £700.00 makes it better?

We have driven out of our area for a few years now because of these particular dogs as I am not prepared to risk any of my dogs getting hurt.

Our so called animal warden is aware of each and every attack and has done nothing - I have never seen the point of his existance - let alone why he has the job he has.

The three dogs are still unmuzzled and when the owner was told it would be better to muzzle them to protect other dogs, her answer was 'don't tell me how to treat my dogs'.

How many more dogs will be hurt and even killed before something is done.

btw this women is not a teenager she is a mother of two grown daughers, married and a home owner.

Run free and happy ickle German Shepherd puppy - you are safe now.

How much would it cost to buy your silence if one of your babies was savaged or killed?

Edited by Kathyw

I agree.

If the silly tart can afford to fork out £700 in blood money, she can afford to buy a muzzle. Shame on the owner that accepted it though. Surely preventing these dogs from killing again should be the main priority, not the financial implications.

I would also have serious concerns for the welfare of her own dogs. She must be mis-treating them to make them act in this way. Unfortunately, as we all know, her dogs are the ones that will ultimately pay the price if any legal action is taken. She clearly has no regard for the lives of other animals, so it's unlikely that she would for her own dogs either.

I can't believe that she assaulted you Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

People like that think they can go through life doing exactly as they please, but one day she will say/do something to the wrong person and get her just deserts smile_anim.gif

I was told that she used the same vets as me and ysterday I asked my vet if she was a client. If the answer was yes I would have registered my animals with another vet because I would not be willing to be in the same space as her and any or all of her dogs.

He said that she did go there when the mum of two dogs was a pup - four years ago - she even took the dog to puppy training classes!!!!!(run by the animal warden) but stopped going to him after the second dog he patched up that had been attacked by one of hers.

He said that she would not be welcome back. I know of at least one of his other clients who no longer goes because she thinks this woman dogs go there.

I have been with the same vet for over 20 years but would have left in a heartbeat.

She also has a chihauhau in the house - i fear for that doglet.

I cannot understand the people not going after her in the courts to stop these attacks.

When she assaulted me - it was after a few years of hatred on her part for me because I was the only one who was not afraid of her - then I had an op that left me without balance on one side. She hit me and before I could raise a hand, I spun round and round and down to the ground - as I got up she did it again and then again. Then she knew (and I knew) that I was incapable of doing anything back.

Before the op she would have had a beating that would have ensured she never bothered me again.

Looking back it must have been funny for any onlookers as I was just spinning round - I had no control. Same thing happens if someone in the street catches my left shoulder - I spin and go down.

But I would still use the full extent of the law and get those dogs muzzled before they get the chance to hurt another dog.

They all started off as innocent puppies and something happens that turns them into vicious dogs - what????????

I think vets should have to notify someone when they patch up a dog that has been hurt - especially when someone other than the owner pays the bill.

She actually calls out to people not to bring their dogs into the closed in park until she has hers on leashes - so she is fully aware and admitting that her dogs are dangerous off the lead.

We thought that the woman whose puppy was killed was to afraid of the woman to report it and that tore at me but it's seems once the price was right - everything was fine.

I am emailing my mp to ask if there is anything she can do to force this woman to muzzle her dogs.

Most of the owners of the victim dogs werer probably threatened and frightened but the owner of the Pomeranian puppy was a different kettle of fish.

She is the widow of a police officer - she retains contact with the force and when this happened she had offers from the police for whatever help she needed.

She also doesn't scare easy herself and when the nice chat from nasty owner got nasty she went back at her but suddenly it all stopped and they avoid any mention of what happened. So fear did not come into it in that one case.

Ray used to take Elsa for a short walk before we went out otherwise she would poo in the car but I stopped that because of fear of Elsa being attacked.

Elsa refuses to poo in the garden so often poos in the car on the way to the parks. Small price to pay for her safety.

Edited by Kathyw

Im afraid the bail to get me out of custody for what i would do to anyone who let their dogs attack mine, knowing their dogs had killed several times, would far exceed £700. barstards :angry:

I'm with Di on this, viscious dogs and owner would

get the worst of me

Poor puppy sleep tight little one

Can the RSPA take this up, go to court

and ban them keeping animals for life

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I would have thought the RSPCA could act - the GSD puppy must have suffered when it was killed and the owners of the dogs that attacked it are responsible for that.

Why can't there be destruction orders for people.

If things had gone this far where I live, I would be telling the police that I am personally afraid for my safety when these dogs are around - they'd have to investigate under the DDA.

I would have thought the RSPCA could act - the GSD puppy must have suffered when it was killed and the owners of the dogs that attacked it are responsible for that.

Why can't there be destruction orders for people.

If things had gone this far where I live, I would be telling the police that I am personally afraid for my safety when these dogs are around - they'd have to investigate under the DDA.

it's wrong but am having thoughts of walking round there myself with one of mine,

anything like that happens my size 10's start doing the talking, and don't stop

nattering until owner/dogs either back off or are unable too

Like i said it's wrong but I can actually feel my blood

boiling and tempurature rising.

Whow these people are they can't threaten everyone. Perhaps the RSPCA could

have in inspector do a dog walk undercover, and when threatened they have the

evidence to start procedings....

it's wrong but am having thoughts of walking round there myself with one of mine,

anything like that happens my size 10's start doing the talking, and don't stop

nattering until owner/dogs either back off or are unable too

Im in London, weekend of the 11th septmber...we could do a BOGOF deal... get 2 angry dog lovers for the price of one :mad:

Im in London, weekend of the 11th septmber...we could do a BOGOF deal... get 2 angry dog lovers for the price of one mad.gif

Would love to have a coffee/whisky/whatever with you if you are this way Diane and L & H. (I have some wonderful dvd's of yours)rolleyes.gif

L & H please please please don't bring your dogs here - your size 10's are very welcome but not your dogs.

However much you hurt the owner of the vicious dogs - your dog could still be badly hurt and I couldn't bear that.

There is a hotline number I have got that is like crime stoppers - you give them the info and they investigate - I have so much info on this owner - they would have a field day with her.