UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rspca

greytgirl

Rang the RSPCA on Sunday about a neighbour, long story and after some umming and arghing? I decided to trust my instinct and ring them. Problem is, they haven't been yet..is this normal?

I told then about the dog...lovely dog VERY hand shy...drops to the floor if you go to stroke it, witnessed it being hit with lead, dughter witnessed ot being kicked. Gong thinner as it goes from pup to adult..staffy x boxer...beautiful but too thin for my liking...not starved but thin!! roaming the street, left out most of the day, going to get run over or through no fault of its own end up in the ound. They got it from a 'rescue' near us, he still has his town halls wacko.gif

Then there is the cat, she is around 6-8 months, was thin, then pot belly?? I said she is pregnant..."no way, she cant be" well 5 kittens later she was, they were being kept on a piece of news paper in a porch, no food or drink...seem the Mum out a week or so after birth, God knows where the kittens are!!!

So I cant stop thinking of the situation, and I rang, but no sign of them..Im opposite so doubt VERY much that I missed them, but maybe so??

so does anyone know if this length of time is usual??

As blackmagic says I think it will vary depending on various things, including location and the number of call-outs too I guess. Did you leave your details? I did when I made a report once, so that the inspector could let me know they'd been and what had happened.

If the dog is being let out to roam, I'd be inclined to contact the dog warden if you have a decent one as that should be their area - and if they note the dog's condition, hopefully they work with the RSPCA too?

Hope the poor animals are ok :(

In short I think your expectation of an instant response is optimistic at best :( though I would expect them to write to you very soon :wink:

I rang them about a dog once which I never heard anything further about & as far as I'm aware they never even bothered to visit.

The last two I reported was in November last year. They did call me back that night, ask for more info. etc, though when I called into the local branch with photos for the inspector on the following Monday they just fobbed me off & said ring the cruelty line again - to find out which inspector was dealing with it (as if they had so many, despite what the appeals say :rolleyes:).

Other than several begging letters since I've heard nothing further (despite returning their begging letter with photos & comment!) & the two Gsd's are still there in their poor living / guard dog role despite a blatant breach of the guard dogs act so I'm afraid I sit with Laurel & Hardy in the they'd move a lot faster if you had got a tv camera there camp

• 1 month later...

So its been around 6 weeks or so...nothing, the situation has changed, the dog now is just being left either out or in the garage continuously now. Always alone, no contact now at all, I havent seen him out much. So i rang again at the week end, result, was talking to the woman who's dog it is, as he got out..ESCAPPEEE!!! and Elvis and Ellie were barking so I went to look outside and she was there, she told me she had a card from the RSPCA and feels awful cause the lad has left, she has no time and so on and he is locked out rain, hale or shine mecry.gif tbh he looks a touch bulkier but as she said he is locked in the garden all the time and getting zero exercise, he is 10 months old mecry.gif

I said to her, get him castrated and I will take him, not to keep but to get rehomed..he is LOVELY poor soul, little boxer/staffy x...big ears on him wub.gif as she has already began putting ads for him in shops etc!! ohmy.gif

I guess she won't be able to get his neutered?

Where abouts are you Greytgirl?

I called them a few days ago about a GSD round by ours, they came out the next day x

Im in Wigan, I have requested a call back. I have told her about Machester dogs home, they do it for £40 but she didnt seem interested, I told her if she is on any benefits she can maybe get a voucher towards it?..I cant take a un-neutered male, but if he is done I will, until he is safe, because the people she knows etc are NOT who I want him to end up with, plus I think she just wants rid, so it wont be a case of finding him the right home mecry.gif unsure.gif

I wonder if you have the same RSCPA inspector as me then? I'm not sure what areas they cover.

I'm happy to put a tenner towards his neutering if you can take him x

flowers.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif thats sooooo kind, where abouts are you?

I will get him sorted dont worry, I cant stand him being there mecry.gif will keep you posted.

flowers.gif flowers.gif Thanks so much you're so kind..FAB news RSPCA have been AGAIN! so cant call them for that AND she has booked him in for the snippet on Tues!! AND my mate is seriously interested in him, going to wait for him to have the op and take him for a few hours and gradually see on walks etc how things go so Im really HAPPY!!

I know you should keep your nose out sometimes but I am glad I havent and fingers crossed I have found him a happy home wub.gif AND in her defence she has listened to me the other day and got him booked in straight away....