UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Refugeees Training Logs/Discussion Thread

purple_mog

Hmmm well I managed the scheduled long run on Sunday, Monday took off and Tues I managed a short 2 mile run, but since then absolutely nothing :( Fingers crossed I wake up with enough energy to at least swim tomorrow and maybe run too.

Sunday report :laugh:

it ended up being a run with route finding, stile climbing and mud wallowing too! Was out 1hr 45mins, av pace 16min/mile, and about 6.3miles - felt really good actually but too much walking because of the mud/path/stiles etc.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm well I managed the scheduled long run on Sunday, Monday took off and Tues I managed a short 2 mile run, but since then absolutely nothing :( Fingers crossed I wake up with enough energy to at least swim tomorrow and maybe run too.

Sunday report :laugh:

it ended up being a run with route finding, stile climbing and mud wallowing too! Was out 1hr 45mins, av pace 16min/mile, and about 6.3miles - felt really good actually but too much walking because of the mud/path/stiles etc.

That run on Sunday sounds like fun! :)

I did a 3.25 mile on Monday, nothing on Tuesday, we had agility yesterday and I was going to go for a run tonight, but for some reason thought that I could get away with doing shopping first, after walking dogs of course - and nailbiting out the azzi eejits

asbestos surveyors who are clueless :wacko:

. Got back on a bike with panniers packed solid, and nearly tripping over my own feet because I had lunch at 12:30 and only a cereal bar and a few corn cakes since :rolleyes: Running then appeared to be a bit of a silly idea. So had dinner, and if I would be getting up at a decent time I would even consider going to the new gym for a quick session in an hour's time. As it is I've got a 6:45 start tomorrow, i.e. 5:00 alarm, so I won't be going nowhere!

Try again tomorrow after work or summat ....

Ahem - mind you only do an easy run missus what with tapering to the big race on Sunday :D

Will do, oh Great Running Guru! :D

Actually I was planning to only to a 10 minute warm up on the treadmill/rower, depending on what is available and I fancy at that particular time, and then do a rather gentle upper body workout. Let's face it, if I can't do a 5 mile run now, then nothing that I'll do today will change that, so there'd be no point in trying.

Work is a nightmare at the mo, and just an easygoing weights workout would just be what I need to chill and re-humanise a bit (might have to back it up with a medicinal drink afters tho :wink:)

First workout in aaaaaages!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Did 10 mins jog on the treadmill as a warm up

Then did:

2X10 lat pull down @ 18 kgs (40 lbs)

2X10 seated row @ 18 kgs

2X10 bench press @ bar (I reckon plm 15 kgs), without plates

1X8, 1X6 military (shoulder) press @ 10 kgs

2x10 rotator cuff @ 1 kgs

2X10 sit ups on Swiss ball

(and plenty of stretching before, inbetween and afters :wink:)

elt good, mentally I'm very much awake, but physically barely able to cook my tea - that's gonna be fun tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Gym is fine, very basic indeed, but the stuff that they do have, like weights etc is more than adequate. I was quite surprised to see how many people thought being inside a gym at 8 o'clock at night on a Friday was a good idea, there were quite a few. Of course I was the only girl in the place who was bothering with the free weights section, everyone else was male and 15-20 years younger than me :rolleyes: But to be honest it doesn't bother me too much. Fortunately I do know what I'm doing and if they have any thoughts about the weight (or lack thereof at the moment!) I pull then so be it :) Kernackered now tho - and I so tried to keep it light! :laugh:

Race was yesterday, cold, wet and miserable weather, and to be very honest I did get a bit bored halfway through, but I managed to finish on my own steam and not even last, in 1:02 or thereabouts, which I'm quite pleased with - considering the amount of training I've put in! Feeling physically completely kernackered today tho, not sure how this cycle ride into work is gonna happen ... :wacko:

Aaaaaarrgghhh!! Frustratingly bad workout!

Did 10 minutes warmup on the rowing machine, felt good.

Stretched, then did:

2x10 lunges (i.e. 10 on each leg), holding 2x5kgs dumbells

1x10 squats with bar (plm 15 kgs and 5 kgs added weight) - went fine

Second set, 2nd rep I managed to nearly ping my left hamstring on the way down and then my right quad on the way up, because it freaked me out :angry: No amount of stretching could get them back in gear again,so I grudgingly gave up. I need my legs, not just to lift or run with, but also - and more importantly! - to walk the dogs and cycle to work.

2x10 calf press @ 3rd plate (no idea about the weight, will check next time)

2x10 crunches on swiss ball

2x 1 min plank

Legs feel okay now, like they will hurt on Thursday (in which case I just might be able to fit a gentle little jog in tomorrow :)), but not as if they are about to rip. Pheww!