UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Jennie

Fee

I just rang the kennels to speak to Joan (name of contact on the site) to see if she would be open to allowing Jennie to go into a foster home, but she is on holiday at the moment and won't be back until Monday.

So if anyone is interested in offering her a foster space perhaps they could call on Monday? :flowers:

I am happy to make enquiries too.

Just a word of caution, Jennie is in a boarding kennels, not a rescue. I assume they won't be geared up to using foster homes or have any systems in place for doing this.

Obviously I can't answer for them whether they'd consider moving her from the kennels into someone's home, but if anyone did take her there would need to be a clear understanding of who will pay any expenses and vets bills and how that would be done, and what would happen if things didn't work out for any reason :flowers:

There's a lot more to running a foster home than finding someone to look after a dog (she says with feeling :laugh: )

Good news. I just spoke to Joan at the boarding kennels and she said that a local lady has come forward to offer Jennie a homeelefant.gif

Joan said that if it doesn't work out then they will keep Jennie there, as they have become very attached to the lovely old girl (apparently she spends most of her time in the house and only goes to her kennel when she wants a snooze!).

As the lady hasn't collected Jennie yet, Joan wants to keep her on the Oldies Club website for the time being, but she thinks that it is pretty much definite that the lady will be taking her. Fingers crossed!

Fantastic news for Jennie, I hope it all works out for her :wub:

What a lovely kennels to look after her when her owner couldn't take her back, too, and to be prepared to keep her if this home doesn't work out :flowers: