UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Having A Sad Day :(

Tempest

:GroupHug:

i am going though the same with 2 of my dogs so understand what you are going through, we want to do what is best for them, that can be so difficult at times. It doesn't get any easier with each dog, in fact I think it gets harder. :mecry:

Take one day at a time, enjoy what Ollie can give you, some days it will be more than others, so that you have lots of happy memories for the future.

Words can be so inadequate at times, there are lots of people here who are supporting you and understand. :GroupHug:

Thanks guys - your good thoughts are all muchly appreciated :GroupHug:

He seems a bit brighter today so that's good too - I think it really is a case of just taking things a step at the time and not freaking myself out by looking too much into the future.

My 14 yr. old lab. had 2 little episodes a week ago, both during the night with some head tilting, slight disorientation and unable to stand. On both occasions he had recovered within a couple of hours and so far there have been no further episodes, however, he has slowed down a lot in the past few months and I know he is on borrowed time but his heart is very strong (much to my vets astonishment!) and his will is even stronger. He is very happy, enjoys a little potter out every morning, follows me round the house and is very reponsive to visiting family/friends/dogs etc. He has a spark of life about him, slowly dimming but still there, and will be loved hugely until the spark has gone.My lovely old GSD foster went this year, surrounded by love, and had a peaceful dignified end.

As you say, it never gets easier, often harder, but do take each day as it comes, your dog is clearly so well loved and cared for and you will know when the time is right to let him go.

Best wishes.

:GroupHug: Jules, for both you and Ollie :GroupHug:

From what you've said, if he is still happy to go for a walk, eating ok etc., then that sounds like a good sign to me, but you're the one that knows him and I'm sure you will know when it is time, even if you don't feel like you will. I worried that I wouldn't know with Sweetie, but I did when it came to it.

Sending you lots of hugs.

I'm going through this with my boy Rusty at the moment, its been made worse by suddenly losing our girl Fudge recently. I'm constantly watching Rusty to make sure he's not suffering, it breaks my heart when he bumps into things or like you said, his legs slide in different directions when he is standing up. He seemed to have a really bad week last week but this week he seems a lot happier (Im wondering if the heat was getting to him). Ive got to let myself take each day as it comes and stop worrying about him, he can be a sensitive soul and Im sure he will pick up on my moods.

Hope you have many more happy times together, he's very lucky to have such a caring 'mum'

x