UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

In The Night Garden

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy: :(

We've had this on AGAIN this afternoon as my friend was here with her 2 littlies. It drives me absolutely spare! It's more entertaining to watch if my friend is here with the boys because we just create innuendo over it where there is none :devil:

I can't believe that people complained about the Teletubbies but think that this is acceptable!! What is it with the stupid character with a big boob for a bottom?? :blink: :laugh: Makka Pakka is what Soph tells me it's called.

Edited by dirtychicken

I am assured that Big Cook, Little Cook is better, but to me they are all twaddle! Bring back playschool, I say!

Be warned, some of the characters and stories are seriously scary. If you are 1 anyway!

I am horrified by how my well-raised child, whose TV watching was strictly rationed and only allowed under adult supervision until he was at least 4, will sit his daughter in front of the telly, rather than make her wait while others have attention, or just take part in normal activities. I know she has no mobility (Spina Bifida) but that's not an excuse for filling her head with mush!!

Rant over.

Ruth

Georgia doesn't watch much telly but she'll sit down for In The Night Garden. I can't say I've paid much attention to it, it's not one of her favourites. She loves Balamory & Me Too (especially if it's a Dr Juno episode!). Like that Dirtychicken, I see innuendo where there is none, I really wish PC Plum and Miss Hooley would just give in to their quite obvious desires :rolleyes:

Big Cook Little Cook is fab because I fancy the pants off Big Cook :biglaugh:

my first question for those who watch is

is it just me or do a lot of noises the pinkyponk ( or what ever the balloon is called ) make sound like farty noises ?

I really think they do :blush02:

It's not just you. And those little things that all live in one room - how did Mum and Dad manage to have so many kids if they all sleep in one room? :unsure:

Georgia doesn't watch much telly but she'll sit down for In The Night Garden. I can't say I've paid much attention to it, it's not one of her favourites. She loves Balamory & Me Too (especially if it's a Dr Juno episode!). Like that Dirtychicken, I see innuendo where there is none, I really wish PC Plum and Miss Hooley would just give in to their quite obvious desires :rolleyes:

Big Cook Little Cook is fab because I fancy the pants off Big Cook :biglaugh:

I really like Balamory :biggrin: and agree on the PC Plum and Miss Hooley situation. I HATE Me Too - that also drives me crackers. I actually left the room when it was on today :laugh: Big Cook is :sick01: and the whole programme is :sick01: Why would Humpty Dumpty want to eat an egg-based meal?? I don't remember the rhyme mentioning that he was a cannibal!!!

The absolute best programme for innuendo though is The Fimbles. All that "getting a fimbly feeling" and top knot twitching :biglaugh:

My friends little boy loves this. I spent last christmas trying to find an Iggle Piggl!

I find it slightly more entertaining than Mr.Tumble who I hate and my saviour these days is good old Fireman Sam. I was delighted last time he came for lunch and we got to watch that instead of Oopsy Daisy and her mates :biggrin:

Cripes there is an offical website as well :ohmy:

Explore the official In the Night Garden website. Find out the latest news on products and meet your favourite characters, Igglepiggle, Upsy Daisy, Makka Pakka and many more.

Listen to the music and meet the community of loveable characters on an enchanting journey into the Night Garden.

http://www.inthenightgarden.co.uk/en/default.asp

including this gem.......

Q:Did you come up with any new filming techniques or special effects, and/or did you encounter any unique challenges during production?

A:The challenges associated with this production are too numerous to list! Shooting outside in the UK and hoping for good weather is challenge enough, but to do so in High Definition, in a protected woodland, with characters of multiple scales is as daunting an undertaking as any that Ragdoll has ever been involved with!

Arrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh I hate Mr Tumble :angry: I want to slap him with a wet fish repeatedly around his rubbery curmudgeoning face :angry: It's not just Mr Tumble, it's the real bloke behind it, Justin :angry: Nobody smiles that much. Ever. I'd slap that smile of his smug face for fecking good :angry:

And breeeeeeeeeeeeeeathe.........

Having a Munchkin I speak with some authority on kids TV and no, he's not allowed it on all the time or to watch it on his own. Was I a teacher for 30 years for nothing??

In the Night Garden - it's ok for tinies, simple stories which are told and repeated once. Slightly strange characters but they're kind & gentle to each other. I agree about the farty noises from the Ninky Nonk or Pinky Ponk or whatever it is.

Ballamory - excellent!

Something Special - totally briliant especially as the Munchkin (no 1) has a language difficulty. If we didn't have Justin to help teach him signing we'd have a frustrated, screaming little boy. I can cope with Mr Tumble for that very reason.

If you have littlies there's an "In the Night Garden" bit on the Beeb website where you can watch clips of the show and download outline pics for colouring, plus a few games.

Munchkin's other favourite is Space Pirates, which is on the Beeb. Strange musical programme with singing puppets, a pirate captain and a couple of kids on a sort of spaceship. Very starnge but Leo loves it.

Re signing. This morning my daughter asked Leo what he'd like to do today and he signed, "go chocolate shop". A boy after my own heart!!