UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Trip To My Foster Home By Arthur

elainew

Hi, I'm Arthur, a rather gorgeous Weimaraner! Today I set out on a long journey to my foster home. The first part was uneventful, I snoozed away on my duvet in a couple of comfortable vehicles. I then got transferred into this rather high vehicle with bars all around me. I snoozed away again. Then we stopped in a car park and my next transporter came over straight away. My chaffeur then went to open the back door - and it would not open!! There was a lot of faffing around and moving of seats and the chauffeur was muttering rude words under her breath - only I with my super duper doggie hearing could pick these up... and my crate was rolled, yes rolled, gently right over - I did manage to keep my feet all the time - and my new transporter was able to open the door and I managed to climb out cos I'm fit despite my age! I went off for a wee and a drink and watched my previous chaffeur attempting to get out of the vehicle with the crate now firmly wedged between her and the door. It was hilarious! Mouthing some more expletives she finally managed to wriggle through a gap between the crate and roof and landed on the floor outside the vehicle. I had a big cuddle for remaining so calm before setting off again. I am so hoping the rest of my journey is uneventful!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chauffeur had other things on her mind! He really is scrummy and does not look his age, sure someone will be along with photos soon! :biggrin:

Damn door opened as soon as I got home. I now have a screwdriver in the car in case of a future malfunction!

Hi Elaine,

I met him at his next stage after you handed him over, he was a real sweetheart :wub: hardly knew he was there. i did try and take a photo of him but david bailey i am not :( nothing came out. must try harder next time, and i thought digi cameras were idiot proof, obviously not this idiot!

he was so scrummy i dont think he will be waiting for long at all,such a happy lad, I could have taken him home myself quite happily :ph34r_anim:

but i thought the next leg of his journey might have noticed! :laughingsmiley:

mel

he was so scrummy i dont think he will be waiting for long at all,such a happy lad, I could have taken him home myself quite happily :ph34r_anim:

but i thought the next leg of his journey might have noticed! :laughingsmiley:

mel

Strangely enough Mel, that's what Kate, the transporter between us said! :biggrin:

We could very easily have taken him home, too, he was such a lovely placid boy :wub:

His foster mum tells me he has a lovely nature and has been so gentle with her children. He's going to make someone a lovely companion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Arthurs foster mum here. I am new to posting so bear with me if I crash the site!

Arthur is so lovely. He is having a bit of a struggle with his back legs, but the vet should hopefully have him sorted soon, and he has a magnetic collar on the way. I will try and post some pictures but will need a drink before I attempt that one!

He is the most well-mannered dog, and I don't doubt he will be snappped up quickly :mecry:

Will post again soon if this works with no disastrous consequences to the website!