UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Teddy Texas Fundraising Plot

lester

I am about to start some serious fundraising, to equip the van with all of the necessary equipment. ( and also any other transporters that need such..just ask), hopefully pay for the roadtax, which is due in June. A proportion of the income will also go a rescue

I will start on ebay, with a few outlandish offers.... " Buy Two Get One" " Buy Get None " and " For this week only Double the price".

So it seems likely that we may only be dealing with people who care about what we do, rather than those looking for something cheap.

Now every single sale we make involves Teddy Texas and Daftlad having to push the gardening trolley all of the way up the hill to the only remaining post office in the area. We are not always welcome, especially if they have just cleaned the windows.

So to make this a little bitmore worthwhile, I thought I might stick a few leaflets and such in with the parcel. Have you got any ---I dont want hundreds!!!! No charge!

I will also distribute them at any shows we do, especially at Chatsworth Country Fair in the autumn . All to be displayed on our wonderful new perspex leaflet dispensing stand that we have acquired, ( well will have , if I can get over it over the fence from the furniture factory tonight).

Spread the word, let me know,

Ps If I make loads of money Jude wants a chip reader in the van.

Edited by lester

Hi Lester

can you clarify which organisation/s you are raising funds for please

Thanks Sam

No ...I can't really; it depends who asks for what, and of course we dont know which rescues any of the as yet to be recipients of transport equipment,will be doing runs for . We are not always sure of our own.

It many ways its a replacement for the donations we were able to make before the dreaded Woolies redundancies cropped up , but I want to make it a bit more than just that by using my own skills and contacts in the world of music and festivals.

But this first part; well I am not really sure that it is fundraising , its more about finding ways for people to donate equipment that will ease getting jobs done.

I didnt really know what to call it.

I was hoping this post would help identify some of the areas of need, especially when we get the shop going properly.

The ebay thing allows us to make donations, I think this will initially go to ----- well its easy to work out where was Woollies main northern offices and distribution centre??? No prizes

could you just rewind then and remind us who you actually are and what you do, even if you cant say who for? Sorry, maybe i missed the bit where you already told us, but im a tad confused as to what you do, how you do it and who you do it for.

I know its bloody hard to raise funds at the best of times, but people need to know what exactly what they are supporting and what you are doing to drag their dosh out of them :flowers:

could you just rewind then and remind us who you actually are and what you do, even if you cant say who for? Sorry, maybe i missed the bit where you already told us, but im a tad confused as to what you do, how you do it and who you do it for.

I know its bloody hard to raise funds at the best of times, but people need to know what exactly what they are supporting and what you are doing to drag their dosh out of them :flowers:

I certainly will not.

Perhaps you should reread the post properly.

I hope that you being insulting was just accidental and not on purpose.

I take my charitable activities seriously, its not just a replacement for HRT.

I have spent a long time in the music industry so dont take prisoners ( also full of idiots but some may be useful).

If you really want to find out about me --use the " search " function. If you can find your way to it.

No , back to the point , has anyone got any leaflets?????

charming reply lester. your initial post does not tell us who you are, what you do with any clarity and who you aim to help. I was attempting to be helpfull so that people who were not aware of what you do might understand and consequently help you fundraise.

I am about to start some serious fundraising, to equip the van with all of the necessary equipment. ( and also any other transporters that need such..just ask), hopefully pay for the roadtax, which is due in June

sorry what van? for whom? Did you mention this van somewhere else that perhaps I, and other members may have missed?

I will start on ebay, with a few outlandish offers.... " Buy Two Get One" " Buy Get None " and " For this week only Double the price".

selling what on ebay sorry... again i seem to have missed a thread elsewhere saying what it is you do?

Now every single sale we make involves Teddy Texas and Daftlad having to push the gardening trolley all of the way up the hill to the only remaining post office in the area. We are not always welcome, especially if they have just cleaned the windows.

who is Teddy Texas and Daftlad? Im confused as to which hill you are trudging up too sorry although your post office should be more welcoming in todays climate where many rural PO's are going under every week

But this first part; well I am not really sure that it is fundraising , its more about finding ways for people to donate equipment that will ease getting jobs done.

if you are not sure its no bloody wonder im asking questions

So to make this a little bitmore worthwhile, I thought I might stick a few leaflets and such in with the parcel. Have you got any ---I dont want hundreds!!!! No charge!

I get the bit where you want leaflets... i just have no idea what so ever as to what you want on them.

Perhaps you should reread the post properly.

I hope that you being insulting was just accidental and not on purpose.

I take my charitable activities seriously, its not just a replacement for HRT.

I have spent a long time in the music industry so dont take prisoners ( also full of idiots but some may be useful).

If you really want to find out about me --use the " search " function. If you can find your way to it.

As you can see i have read the post properly... i concur you are not really very good at explaining what it is you want of our members.

Insulting was not my intention, i was trying to clarify what on earth you were wittering on about (yes now i am being insulting... see im pretty obvious when i do it)

Im not yet 40, and am also not taking HRT. was there a subtle undertone of an insult there that i missed?

Congratulations on working in the music industry. you obviously dont take prisoners no, instead prefering to be rude. Great way to impress our members into helping your scheme by the way

My search buttons... i do beleive, as a moderator, they are in the same region as my buttons that make people go away when they are rude for no bloody good reason.

Thank you for your quick response though, and it is much appreciated. Sadly it was neither helpfull or informative but hey, you tried :flowers: