UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Time Team Made Me Cry

K9Fran

The earliest memory I have of being like this was watching a John Wayne film where he is hired by a young girl and towards the end of the film she gets bitten by a snake and John Wayne rides her horse as fast as it will go until it collapses and dies :mecry: Oh my doG that was it I was off - absolutely inconsolable.

My husband pleaded with me not to go to the pictures to see Marley and Me as he thinks I would be distraught. It took me 4 attempts to read the last chapter of the book I couldnt see the words for sobbing :mellow:

And NO-ONE warned me about I am Legend :unsure:

Time Team makes me cry for other reasons :rolleyes:

*flounces off to the sniffy archaeologists corner*

It was on one of the digital channels Amanda, filmed in Raunds Northants. The householder excavated the first skeleton, then called in TT

Oooh - I grew up in Raunds surrounded by archaeological digs and skeletons. Have lots of blurry childhood photos of skeletons but don't remember any dogs :unsure:

Me too - my mum wouldn't take me to see any more of the disney films when I was a child after I sobbed all the way through Bambi and when I took my children I cried again. Cried all the way through the Lion King and can't watch anything on the tv with animals on - my OH banned me from watching animal hosptal cus I used to cry for the whole night.

My dad did tell my OH before we got married that if there was a choice between a dog and him the dog would always win - and he was right!!

A friend and I bowled up at the cinema one Saturday afternoon expecting to see a popular film of the time. We'd got mixed up and the only offering was Bambi. I was about 18 at the time. My friend and I looked at each and looked at the long line of kids and mothers wondering what to do. We'd seen Bambi when we were both little 'uns and all I could remember was that it reduced me to tears then.

Well being big girls we decided to go ahead and see it anyway for the laugh.

All was going well until it came to the part where Bambi and his mother are running for their lives and she was urging him to run faster, the tears that were welling up started to spill over and by the time we heard the loud bang of the gun going off I was sobbing away like a good 'un. A lady in front of me turned round and passed me some tissues and the little girl sitting beside me put her hand on my leg and said "don't cry, it's only make believe".

I can't believe I have filled up now at the memory of Bambi losing his mother :crying_anim: :rolleyes: