UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Another Girlie Question

Shazzy

For the past few months I have been politely advised that I seem to be experiencing symptoms of PMT :unsure: and I suppose deep down I knew that I was getting a little bad tempered occasionally :rolleyes: but taking the family's word for it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: decided to try Evening Primrose oil - which I have religously since my last period.

I have still been a little "testy" shall I say but I have also got quite a bit of stress going on here at present - mostly to do with FIL's estate - MIL announcing her forthcoming marriage to the dog hater plus other things - but usually I cope with these sort of things.

Well anyway I havent had another period - Im now 3 weeks overdue. I had all the sypmtoms headache - backache - slightly grumpy :wacko: water retention but no show. I have a constant dull ache in the normal place and I am increasingly hungry and craving carbo's (not been a choccie person) but nothing is happenning. Now before we wll start knitting - I was sterlised (tubes clamped) 9 years ago - so I cant be preggers and I have always had periods on a regular 31 day cycle - could this be the menopause - I am 47 but have no other symptoms???

My last smear test - done November 08 was fine - any other ideas????

:unsure: :unsure:

For the past few months I have been politely advised that I seem to be experiencing symptoms of PMT :unsure: and I suppose deep down I knew that I was getting a little bad tempered occasionally :rolleyes: but taking the family's word for it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: decided to try Evening Primrose oil - which I have religously since my last period.

I have still been a little "testy" shall I say but I have also got quite a bit of stress going on here at present - mostly to do with FIL's estate - MIL announcing her forthcoming marriage to the dog hater plus other things - but usually I cope with these sort of things.

Well anyway I havent had another period - Im now 3 weeks overdue. I had all the sypmtoms headache - backache - slightly grumpy :wacko: water retention but no show. I have a constant dull ache in the normal place and I am increasingly hungry and craving carbo's (not been a choccie person) but nothing is happenning. Now before we wll start knitting - I was sterlised (tubes clamped) 9 years ago - so I cant be preggers and I have always had periods on a regular 31 day cycle - could this be the menopause - I am 47 but have no other symptoms???

:GroupHug: for just being a woman - that qualifies as needing a hug at any time :rolleyes:

It could well be the start of menopause - periods are often one of the first signs - they become irregular, lighter/ heavier etc

I'm 49 now and this has been happening to me for the last couple of years. I'm still having periods but only when my body decides - the calender has gone out the window :rolleyes:

Does mean that I can't do any forward planning now which is a nuisance. I used to book my holidays around this stuff so that I could have a good time - oh well, the joys of getting older :laugh:

:GroupHug: it does sound as tho you have started the menopause so I would see the doctor about HRT. I know a lot of people don't like it but my first few years of menopause were hellish and it was a real help/relief/godsend to take HRT. If I hadn't taken it I think I would have been in Holloway Prison for a very long time for mass murder. The doc can tell by a blood test whether you are in the menopause.x :flowers:

Only two symptoms I had of the menopause, were the occasional hot flush. (Quite handy in wintertime!! :rolleyes: ) Plus the I WANT TO KILL THE WORLD feelings!!

I used to go from complete calm to rage completely out of the blue. Believe me when I say I wasn't nice to know for a while, because my family would say that was the understatement of the century!!! :laugh: However I could control it while I was at work. :shrug: Never said I was normal, guess that just proves it. :biggrin:

Now before we wll start knitting - I was sterlised (tubes clamped) 9 years ago - so I cant be preggers and I have always had periods on a regular 31 day cycle - could this be the menopause - I am 47 but have no other symptoms???

Be warned- the clips can fall off- i know this cos i had a scare and the gp informed me that it can happen, luckily i wasn't but see your gp to be on the safe side ( i was done about 10 yrs ago)

I'm 47 too and my periods are quite irregular now and a bit crazy, sometimes, heavy, sometimes light, maybe only lasting a couple of days, etc. Also my skin seems to have changed too, quite dry and gets irritated easily. I think I am beginning the change and sounds as though you may be too. :unsure:

Im 42 and started already, my hair is dry, skin awful, belly like a pot of water and night sweats that make me what to climb in the fridge :mecry:

I have the coil fitted that releases a small dose hormone (for 8 years now) and havent had a period in that time so the nurse offered me a blood test which can test to confirm i am menoposal (sp) but i declined as i cant stand needles and was already having a smear that day so didnt want to be poked and pricked :laugh:

If in doubt, nurses seem to be pretty quick to offer the blood test and advice :GroupHug:

I am 50 and for the last 7 months have been on HRT, it really has made me normal again.

For a couple of years before I was irregular and could blow my stack for no reason at all.

Then the night sweats began and the day flushes which would soak me through I felt tired all the time.

Had the test to see if I was menopausal and surprise surprise I was, so I went on to HRT and within 3 weeks all symptons had disappeared.

I love my HRT!!! The Doc is asking me when I am going to come off it - NEVER!!! - or when I can get Bacardi on my NHS prepay prescription card!!!! I remember the dark days before the pills when I was the moody bitch from Hell (apologies lady dogs!!!) and don't ever want to go back there!

:rolleyes:

I love my HRT!!! The Doc is asking me when I am going to come off it - NEVER!!! - or when I can get Bacardi on my NHS prepay prescription card!!!! I remember the dark days before the pills when I was the moody bitch from Hell (apologies lady dogs!!!) and don't ever want to go back there!

:rolleyes:

Same here but now there's a big BUT...I've been advised to try coming off it. Shock, horror!! :unsure: :wacko: :mecry: So at the end of the month it's going. I've just ordered one of those magnety things (see griff's post) just in case.

Same here but now there's a big BUT...I've been advised to try coming off it. Shock, horror!! :unsure: :wacko: :mecry: So at the end of the month it's going. I've just ordered one of those magnety things (see griff's post) just in case.

ooo-eer missus! I hope all goes well :)

I was put on HRT because of extreme headaches, and eventually came off it through my own choice. Problem is, when you come off it you have to go through all the menopause symptoms. I did go to a medical herbalist who brewed me a vile concoction which worked rather well.

Could be perimenopause, think that's how it's spelled, it's sort of setting up for it I suppose. HRT is great once you have the right one but once you come off you have to go through the menopause anyway. I did 10 years on HRT as I was a serious danger to myself and others, :laugh: the whole thing hit me like a ton of bricks, previously I'd thought it was a bit of an old wives tale. How wrong could I be!

Im defintely going to order one of those magnet things - they sound pretty good even if it just helps me to lose weight. Typical I started WW in Jan and have so far managed to lose 12lbs but there it has stayed for the last 3 weeks, no matter what I do or eat - sticking religously to the diet or cheating for a couple of days.

I dont really want to go down the HRT route as my Mum did that and ended up with Breast Cancer and was still taking HRT when she died at 66.

My temper is outragous at times and I have done and said things that I wouldnt normally do - including road rage :(

I knew that I couldnt have faced the woman who owned those two strays as I would have been writing this message from a prison cell = normally I would be able to out talk someone but at present my anger just takes over to the point where I can think clear enough to speak :unsure:

Ill keep on with the Primrose Oil and let you know how I get on with the magnet thingy.

Thanks for all your help - :GroupHug: