UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Transporting For The Oldies

hugapup

We have been advise by the oldies club that full liability insurance in place and they do ask that volunteers notify their own motor insurers they are volunteering by transporting for dog rescue then they are covered for all incidents that occur.

I am now in the process of renewing my motor insurance and have found that they will not let me do this any more without taking business insurance. Has anyone had this problem with the insurers and has the result been that they have had to take business insurance cover to help with transporting which will cost me extra money.

Can we have your views on this problem

Cheryl & Mike xxx

Some insurance companies give a discount for social, domestic and pleasure use only so, rather than business use costing more, you do not get the discount. If you already have the discount, you will lose it and hence pay more.

When I renewed my car insurance this year I was asked whether I used the car for any voluntary work, so it looks as if the insurance companies are now taking this into account.

Hi. I've spent hours on the internet and phone today renewing my insurance and managed to save loads of money by calling Call Connection on 0800 0728489 who put me through to brokers - they beat all the internet comparison sites. I've never heard of them but they were extremely helpful. May be worth giving them a call. Good luck.

Thanks for your help :)

Looked on the Internet all morning and then in the afternoon I phoned around and also phoned Connection on 0800 0728489 they are very helpful.

All the companies I tried, I was asked whether I used the car for any voluntary work, so it looks as if the insurance companies are now taking this into account.

I could not get social, domestic and pleasure use only to voluntary transport rescue dogs so I am now have M&S insurance this is fully Comp business class with breakdown cover and this was a better price although not the cheapest. So looks like my dogs transporting can continue. Looking forward to helping again. :flowers:

Cheryl & Mike xxx