UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rape Witness Put In Cells For The Night

K9Fran

Training judges, yes I can understand, but it would be impossible to train juries, these are just ad hoc men and women who don't even know what trial they will be jury on until the names are called on the first morning of the start of a case, 15 names are called and the defence decides who will be the final 12, the logistics of training a jury just wouldn't work imo.

I can't see why not, juries are called and in one place on the Monday morning, they are given instruction by the court staff on what is expected of them and what they can and cannot do etc. adding a 30 min talk about how witnesses may behave would in no way be impracticable or hard to do.

Can I just poke a stick in the hornets nest here.

According to legitimate investigation

One in Five judges are Freemasons. That means they belong to a male gang that swears on oath to protect each other before anyone else.

If the defendant is a freemason or gets the lodge to ask a favour,women dont have any legal hope of justice.

I personally know of two cases where this happened.One involved a prominant Tory whose ex wifes father was a freemason and judge. As it happened the Tory was a freemason too and thats how we could prove what happened.

I was a witness and Im glad to say the case was won by the innocent party. The allegations involved an innocent child.

:rolleyes: It would be interesting to see what the outcome of the complaint is but personally I can only wonder how someone so insensitive can be allowed to judge anything let alone what I would imagine would be such a traumatic case for the victim(s) / witnesses :unsure:

Consequently, I reckon sacking him at least, as the victim suggests would be just what he deserves

Disgraceful treatment :(

However, on the subject of numbers of convictions, I think it needs to be viewed in context. According to the BCS, only 2% of all crimes committed result in a conviction. Yes things need to change, but it's a huge problem for all crimes, not just rape. It's not good enough for any victim of crime. :(