UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Intelligent Questions To Ask

BillyMalc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to see a van on Monday, a Vito Dualiner. I hope it is a good one :)

Does anyone know of any good insurance companies to go to for quotes for a van? We have not had one before.

How did you get on with the van? I've sorted out my insurance this evening; went onto insurancesupermarket last night and got a quote. Then this evening I called Staveley insurance brokers back (can give you their phone number if you want), they were really nice and helpful, and not at all slick and pushy, like some of these guys are, and I got a really really good deal (I think): £365 for the year, £250 excess and inc legal cover! I'm well chuffed with it, as the other quotes I got for a similar price were all without legal cover and a twice as high excess :flowers:

Good choice Billy, the vw transporter is a van often used to be adapted for wheelchair users as its so reliable, hope you all have loads of fun in it x

It looks great Billy :) I am sure you will find it really practical. I have had several vans over the years and I would never go back to a car while I have dogs :rolleyes:

Thank you! :flowers: :flowers:

I'm sooo excited now!!! I'm picking her up on Thursday afternoon - and I'm already sh!tting meself coz it'll be the first time ever that I'll be driving a van, and it'll be mine! :ohmy: Can't wait to get used to it though, and kit it out properly and take my guys all over the place - it's gonna be great! :pinkie: :pinkie:

How did you get on with the van? I've sorted out my insurance this evening; went onto insurancesupermarket last night and got a quote. Then this evening I called Staveley insurance brokers back (can give you their phone number if you want), they were really nice and helpful, and not at all slick and pushy, like some of these guys are, and I got a really really good deal (I think): £365 for the year, £250 excess and inc legal cover! I'm well chuffed with it, as the other quotes I got for a similar price were all without legal cover and a twice as high excess :flowers:

Thank you! :flowers: :flowers:

I'm sooo excited now!!! I'm picking her up on Thursday afternoon - and I'm already sh!tting meself coz it'll be the first time ever that I'll be driving a van, and it'll be mine! :ohmy: Can't wait to get used to it though, and kit it out properly and take my guys all over the place - it's gonna be great! :pinkie: :pinkie:

I hope you have fun in your van today :) I am sure you will.

We bought the van, it is being delivered next week, probably Wednesday, it is lovely. Now we need to sort out cages for the gang :rolleyes: and insurance, and tax..... :laugh:

Right, she's here now! And boy, now I've got her here with me on her own she ain't half HUUUUGE!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: I'd almost say she's a bit big for me, but I've got her now so I better get used to her size. It didn't half scare me to drive her back, but cars do seem to give you a wider berth, and of course nobody knew that I was only a 'first time driver' in that van - honestly I could do with 'L' plates on the thing! :rolleyes:

The back's had a first rough clean and the duvet's installed, and I'm taking Kiera to agility in it tonight - on the motorway and through some right narrow streets, oh and it needs diesel too so I have to pop into the petrol station with her, aaaaarrgghhh!!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Nice van!! :flowers:

I nearly went to see a Merc 108, but the guy on the phone sounded too dodgy for my liking, so now I've bought a dodgy van from a nice guy - typical! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Nah, it's not that dodgy, it only needs a good clean and a bit of TLC - I hope. I just dropped her off at "my" garage for a thorough check-up ("Billy, why have you bought THAT!??" famous first remark of the mechanic :wacko: ), so I'm now wibbling at the outcome of that. ....

We did get to agility and back safely last night, but there's no chance that I would of got a speeding ticket, LOL!

Well, went back to pick him up (it's got to be a 'he', he's MASSIVE!!) and "my" mechanic had taken him for a spin on the motorway n all, and he said that he was a pleasure to drive :) :) :) They were just checking the last bits n bobs under the bonnet and they said that everything was perfect!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Only the temperature gauge doesn't work. Them: "didn't you notice?" Me: "errrrmmm, no. Was more busy stopping myself from bashing into other road users :huh: :wacko: Anyway, it's not life threatening and they've already ordered a new one for me. They also charged me a fraction of the price that RAC would of charged me for the pleasure of checking me van! :happy: :happy:

Now I can breathe and be happy with a cracking van - really can't wait to do it up now!!!! :pinkie: