UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Cat Update Thread

Sarah_H

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me introduce my cats:

Jake, my 10 year old snow boy. Jake came into us as 'Babyshakes' and was a cat killer! He was off his head and used to bite me alot. Hes now a complete teddy bear, he is opinionated and has to sleep next to me at night or he creates!

Hes not very photogenic but hes my gorgeous boy.

IMG_0312.jpg

Maddi, is Jakes Great Grandaughter. She came into us having had a litter too young and completely traumatised by it all. She is very challenging, she will only let me stroke her while eating and other than that she is a stress head. She wee's anywhere and everywhere if shes stressed and we've worked hard to chill her out the only problem being shes gets very stressed when new foster cats come in and it will trigger her to start marking. Shes 4 now and been here 2 years.

IMG_0327.jpg

Roo, he came in with his Mum and his litter mates when he was 6 weeks old. Hes not 14 months and a complete hooligan! I said I'd never have a young Bengal again but he managed to sneak in under my radar! He likes to wake you up by touching his cold wet nose on your neck, hand or face its not pleasant!

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

I also have the gorgeous Taz and Gizzy in with me for foster, they're both 12 years old now and are real characters, extremely vocal and are not happy that they're confined when we're out to the spare bedroom!

IMG_0337.jpg

I also have the gorgeous Taz and Gizzy in with me for foster, they're both 12 years old now and are real characters, extremely vocal and are not happy that they're confined when we're out to the spare bedroom!

IMG_0337.jpg

LOL, they *really* aren't are they!

I'll dig out some of mine

OK, so we have the Big Brown Bears, Kjetil (back) and Henning (front). Henning is the fat bossy brother, Kjetil is the thin lovely adorable brother . They are both ginormous. There is an ongoing debate over whether they are Norwegian Forest cats or crosses, or if they are just giant brown mogs that look like NFCs.

normal_brownbears.jpg

Kjetil's favorite thing is boxes:

normal_kjetilamazon.jpg

Henning's favorite thing is mostly disapproving of people!

normal_henning.jpg

Then we have the Bungles (Bengals). They are very loud, overconfident and clumsy and they love cuddles, from each other, people, anyone passing, really:

bungles.jpg

They are usually to be found in places that Bungles are not supposed to be. For example, here is Yama Bungle in one of the kitchen cupboards. NO, YAMA!

normal_yama.jpg

And here is Suma Bungle attempting to join the dogs for a car ride. NO SUMA!

normal_sumadogs.jpg

Suma Bungle admires and adores Kjetil. Kjetil finds this a bit weird, to be honest, though he mostly puts up with it because he's so nice.

normal_kjetilsuma.jpg

Finally, we have the Liverpool Moggies. Perl is the queen of all the cats. As you can see, she disapproves of the disorderly practices of the Bungles. Perl is extremely clever and can unlock cat flaps, manipulate people and cats.

normal_perlandyama.jpg

And Footie. Footie's a bit of a doofus, to be honest. He's not the cat brain of Britain...

normal_footienmolly.jpg

I have two. Unfortunately Lucy hates pictures, but I'll try later and capture her on camera. She's a Wiccaweys ex foster who came back after being rehomed as a kitten when she was six months, because she repeatedly pooed on the bed. She was going to be hard to rehome, and she arrived when I'd just lost my Smirnoff cat to cancer. So, she didn't leave. And she still poos on the bed, for reasons i've never fathomed, at random moments. She's five now.

This however is Cleo, she's 8 and she was seen by a rescuer who had taken dogs from a household in wales. She was sold to me after the owner failed to sell her, because I just wanted her out. She had been in two homes, and was in her last one having been swopped for a chinese crested dog, and her owner didn't want her because cat litter smells in the house :rolleyes: She's 8 years old, and a cuddle monster. She's absolutely bomb proof and she keeps all the dogs in line.

Cleocopy.jpg

The 'Big Brown Bears' are GORGEOUS! And soo tolerant to live with the Bungles. I pity any cat who has two to live with!

Cleo looks like a character! She looks like butter wouldn't melt in that picture but I'm pretty sure the Bengal fosters may tell different tales :rolleyes:

I think I am in love with them all so far :wub:

This is Treacle Cat. We had four cats (the same ones) for about the last 20 years and when the last one left for the Bridge three years ago I said I wasn't having any more cats in the house that would only break my heart into pieces when they left :(

Then Phoenyx Jules rang me to say someone had just dumped a sad little ginger moggy on her doorstep in a cardboard box. She had a potential home lined up for him but it fell through and I went over to hers 'just to have a look at him' and that was it before you could say failed foster :wub:

Treacle is fab. He's like a little ginger bomb whizzing about the place. Whuppety Jake was completely disinterested from the start, but when Princess Fairy Lurcher Tess arrived she was fairly keen to look at Treacle from the inside :ohmy: One year on they have reached an understanding, ie. the cat rules :laugh:

This was him when he had just been dumped

198e13a5.jpg

And this is him last summer, king of all he surveys

DSCF0063-1.jpg

Oh my, treacle is just stunning... :wub:

Sarah, you summed up Cleo perfectly :laugh: The fosters, particularly Lynx, I think didn't understand she was a cat and she really didn't like bolshy in your face bengals :laugh: She would look at them from up high in disgust!

Talking of cats... one of them has just weed on my duvet - they've never done that - and then pooed on the floor for good measure - slightly worried as it had blood in it, not a lot, but enough to notice - wonder if one of them has an upset :huh: Need to keep an eye on it.. and wash the flipping duvet at this time of night :rolleyes: Cleo is currently beating up Muppet and he is running around the room thinking it is hilarious - she is truly stalking him and determined to have his nose. :laugh: I foresee trouble soon :unsure:

And... my secretary has told me she's bringing her local stray round this weekend if she can catch him - they know he was abandoned by people who moved away years ago and he's hung around fending for himself... and now has a gammy eye, crap coat and is limping badly. I may be putting out a plea... my vet is already forewarned :laugh: Firstly I was told it was a tortie and therefore a girlie but it's strangely changed to a tabby and therefore could be either... we shall see, if he arrives.... gawd knows what i'm gonna do with it...

IMG_0337.jpg

I absolutely love these two :wub: :wub: after living with Siamese for a long time I really miss cats. I so wish I was in a position to offer them a home :mecry: