UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogstar Sri Lanka

Helly

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just managed to get online properly again (been having horrid computer problems and work has blocked access). Thanks Diane for your posts they really are heartwarming :)

Thanks to all those of you responding to our cry for help too, I have tired to email out thankyous via my blackberry. If I have missed you then please accept my thanks here :) WE DO APPRECIATE EVERYTHING YOU DO.

MARK

Edited by Hollysdad

Sam - would you be able to use the foldable animal carriers from Aldi...I think I have one or two of them at home if Mark can take them with him if they'd be useful??

they are excellent especially for getting cats to clinics so yes please and thank you

Can I just say again a huge thank you to every one who has helped and is helping us :GroupHug: I know every one is tight for funds ( both organstations and donators ) and I am truly grateful

today I visited the site for Februarys clinic, we have over 50 animals signed up and although the vast majority of people helping us will never visit Sri Lanka let alone meet the animals and there owners I can promise you that each one of them in touched that people in the UK are helping them care for there animals

Thank you x

here are some of the gratefull dogs from the January clinic.

DSCF4619.jpg

DSCF4623.jpg

DSCF4625.jpg

DSCF4637.jpg

DSCF4639.jpg

One of the main differences I found in Sri Lanka, is that people who need Dogstars help are not cruel or cant be bothered. They genuinely cant afford treatment and have no idea what to do when the dogs keep churning out puppies or get mange ridden. Unlike so many other countries I have visited, there isnt a hint of cruelty or a lack of care. When I am in egypt, the lack of love for the dogs is sad and no one cares if their dogs get sick. In Sri Lanka, they care a lot, they worry and they do what they can, but the clinics open up a whole new world for them and as a result, this little village will have much healthier pets living there.

This weekend / half term at work they are doing lots of promotions and working with a local dog shelter to promote the release of Walt Disney's Bolt, Would it be ok with Dogstar for me to put up some posters with a list of items for needed and I can collect them (not money of course) over?

rymadil

metacam

anti biotics

wormers

flea stuff

dressings

hibiscrub

disposable aprons

any surgical equpiment they may wish to part with if they are re newing theirs

any other medication that has just gone out of date, as Sam can use it in sri lanka but our vets cant use it in the uk

I am sure this has been covered before, but what medical items that our vets over here may well discard, be useful over there?

Thanks.

Sorry if I am going over old ground but with regards to antibiotics do they have to be ones specifically labelled for animals. Here in Spain when one of the dogs need antibiotics the vet just writes out a "sort off" prescription (which is given back) which I take it to the chemist and pay around 4euros for a box of 24 human antibiotics. I would be quite happy to get a few boxes to send out if you think you could

use them. My lab had to have 1 tablet twice a day for 1 week after having a lump removed and collie is having the same dose after having a ripped toe stitched up so sure they could be used generally :wink:

Edited by Pouchie