UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

For Any Parent That Had At Least One Child Under 16

dirtychicken

I found a thread about this on moneysaving experts and it said to check p60's and see what code you were for the years in question, both mine and hubbys were L which was the standard rate for those years so it looks as if we didn't get the allowance at the time so "should" be getting a refund for both years ....so lets hope that the taxman agrees. All of the people who have received their refunds on MSE got cheques for the full amount plus interest, we really really could do with this money so fingers tightly crossed!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you thank you :biggrin: :biggrin:

Postman has just been and he brought us a cheque for £601 for the 2002/2003 tax year - I actually applied for the previous year too so I'm hoping that we might get a 2nd cheque on Monday - even if we don't £600 makes a HUGE difference to us finacially - we can both now get our glasses sorted Rob needs new lenses and new frames and I want to see if I can have new lenses to compensate for the pvd and cataract :partytime: :partytime: :circle: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

• 1 month later...

I was overseas and missed this and personally I have the raging arse

I have no idea if I was eligible but if I and others were then why the hell did people have to apply for it , when I was employed and taxed each month direct from my salary the tax man still used to ask for more at the end of the year even though I filled in a self assessment form every year

Even now I am self employed the tax man yet again is trying to fine me 100 pounds for a late self assessment , even though I now have a business and an accountant and both his and my paperwork was submitted on time.

Why the heck did they not automatically repay the money to everyone its owed to ?

Its theft pure and simple

Sam not a happy Squirrel at all

P.s I am chuffed that some of you have got back the money you are owed

:partytime: A cheque for £602.44 arrived this morning :partytime: I say it's a deposit for a holiday, Mr Hazell said we should put it towards replacing Tutankhamun! He even said that while driving him, I told Mr Hazell off and apologised to Tutankhamun, he shouldn't have to hear such rudeness :(