UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Changing Names

LisaLQ

That's good to know then - I think I'd just feel a bit guilty that someone had thought of a name for him/her and I'd changed it lol. Having said that, Sky was called Gerry/Jerry/Geri when we adopted her (after the Spice Girl and/or Jerry Hall) but my brother in law is called Gerry so it had to be changed! Wasn't particularly original as we were in a rush because Gerry was visiting ("what's blue and white? the sky!") but it worked for her.

And now I have a black dog that's called Blu. But he also answers to "Blu-bydoo" or "Broorooroo", which both suit him much more than any name I could have thought up for him :laughingsmiley:

Fingers crossed we do have a beautiful girl in mind, but she has a silly name (if the rescuers are reading I do mean a lovely, but silly, name lol) and it might need changing (although hubby likes it). There's a couple of pretty girl's names that sound similar though which might be an option...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never have chosen Roly & Snoopy as names but just didn't think to change them, Snoopy is deaf anyway & Roly hardly ever gets called Roly - he is called Roo Roo, Rudi amongst other things :rolleyes: (which I'm too embaressed to mention) & responds to tone more than a name!

I got a a Ladybird as well!

And a very lovely Ladybird she is too :wub:

Of my own dogs,

Wiggle was originally called Snuggles :wacko:

Sir H was and is sometimes, still Henry

Bumpy was originally Jake :laugh:

Poppy was originally Patch :wacko:

Foster dogs who's names I changed, were

Tess was Treacle

Moog had been called Prince

When I got Midge 10 years ago I loved his name so I decided to keep it and I have not regretted it at all. I got Poppy 3 years ago and she was called Tilly ... I just didn't like the name and I certainly didn't like the horrible so and so's that gave her the name so it had to go .. Poppy was deff not my choice as I am not too keen on it still but she chose it .. the only thing she came back to was 'puppy puppy puppy' (show me a puppy who doesn't come back to that) so we needed a name that sounded like puppy so Poppy was born !! She was going to be called Magic :sad02:

my westie (see my avatar) was picked up as a stray and called Toby

For some reason it didnt suit him at all so for 3 days he was the dog with no name :laugh:

and then it came to me, he is definately an Archie, and he does respond to it (sometimes :rolleyes: ) honest...

Dogpics2007046.jpg

I called him Toby :P Only coz we couldnt think of anything else :laugh: He is looking fantastic btw :wub:

We've changed names and it seems to work.

We got our white husky from Freshfields and she was called Sheeba (couldn't think of a name for her and we were at a fun dog show and someone said "Tishka" (snowflake), it suited her and she seemed to like it.

Our working sheepdog was called "JD" when we got him but we already had a dog called "Jade", tried lots of names then someone said "He's got merle in him" so we called him Merlin (which he answered to straight away).

One of our huskies was called "Ben" in rescue, which he didn't answer to anyway, so we gave him an Inuit name Tikaani (wolf), which he seemed to like and responds to (and it suits him)