UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent Warning

incapuppy

Apparently there is a serious security flaw with Internet Explorer at the moment so people are being urged to use different browsers until Microsoft have fixed the problem:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7784908.stm

I may not be back for some time as I can't access this new Refuge website from Firefox (? :wacko: )

ive never had any probs accessing any sites with firefox. im typing this on firefox now, and have been using it on refuge for over a year.

opera is supposed to be good

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you say your bookmarks are not stored under your favourites how have you stored them?

As bookmarks :unsure:

With the Google toolbar, you have an option to store them as bookmarks, or you can store them as favourites within IE. I've never successfully transferred stored IE Favourites - despite following many instructions on how to do so - following hard drive crashes, so opted to store everything as bookmarks within my Google account so that I could access them from any other pc :flowers:

Ah, in that case that will be why it's not working. You are telling it to get the favorites from IE, but you don't have any IE favorites, your bookmarks are all stored at Google. Do you have the option to import bookmarks from Google Toolbar, rather than from IE?

.. You were too quick for me!

Edited by cycas

It does say that you can import bookmarks AND favourites, but for some reason the items on the Google toolbar are currently incompatible with Chrome :wacko: They've actually got it stated in the Chrome help section that Google bookmarks can't be directly transferred to Chrome yet :unsure: Seems very odd to me :rolleyes:

then save your google bookmarks as a document and then import them to chrome from your documents