UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

When I Was Young..

EGAR

What were designer labels ............. and trainers - we had daps :laugh:

for you youngsters

Daps

Daps-722749.jpg

THEY ARE CALLED STAMFORDS < WHY ON EARTH DID I CALL THEM STAMFORDS

I have just been shouting at Mark to come and look at the pic as I often mention them and he couldn't work out what they were, after 25 years he knows what I mean

The BIG thing when my brother and I were kids, were being allowed to eat in front of the tv. We normally always ate dinner as a family around the dinner table (yes, children, there are actually special tables desined for the purpose!).

At one point we even had 2 tv's! :ohmy: but one was black and white, the other was colour. And they were situated on top of one another, in the same room :huh: My brothers fave tv programme was that hidious game show, "Remote Control", on MTV, while mine was "Alf" :biggrin: ....sadly these two shows were on at the same time, but what do clever kids do? Since bro (who is 5 years older than me) understood english, he had the sound on for "remote controle", and I would read the subtitles on "Alf" :cool: it was the best night of the week for us back then :laugh:

What were designer labels ............. and trainers - we had daps :laugh:

for you youngsters

Daps

Daps-722749.jpg

THEY ARE CALLED STAMFORDS < WHY ON EARTH DID I CALL THEM STAMFORDS

I have just been shouting at Mark to come and look at the pic as I often mention them and he couldn't work out what they were, after 25 years he knows what I mean

You folk are right queer :unsure: any sane person (ie- a Scot) knows those are either Gutties or Rubbers..........weird............ :huh:

When it was right cold (yes we did have ice on the inside of the window) we used to put coats on the bed :laugh:

In those days if you were bitten by a dog it was always your fault and would quite often merit a skelp for having annoyed a dog in the first place :laugh: